Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We started our own mobility equipment company!....

We started our own mobility equipment company!....

Hi everyone. My name is Jeff Walker and I have been a member of this awesome site since my accident in 2001 after I suffered a complete C5/C6 SCI after I fell at a Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw concert. I am a country boy. Lol. I've been called a high-tech redneck. Lol. Anyway...

I started a mobility equipment company with my dad Skip Walker in January 2010. *Our company is called Innovative Mobility Solutions, LLC. We design our own products from driving aides and equipment to devices that increase independence. All of our products are designed by us and manufacturing is handled directly through us. We have a store on our website that is currently under construction at InnovativeMobilitySolutions.com . *

We wanted to introduce ourselves and answer any questions about us and who we are and all that stuff as well as have a place to bounce new ideas around and discuss common problems.*

Come check us out and feel free to ask any questions you might have!*

Thanks everyone!
    Jeff Walker

Like your web site design..to look like a truck

I like the Best seat idea..maybe you could show more detail up close pics? That may help someone understand and see product better.

Good Luck and keep on innovating!!
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 11-21-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Thanks!

Def plan on more pics and actually each of our products I am going to have a video demonstrating how it works. The best seat is great! Installing it under the seat cover left a clean finish and I cut 1.5 inches out of the factory seat foam so it doesn't effect my head room. I can't tell you how many times this has saved my butt. It alternates every 6 min providing great relief. Worrying about being stuck in traffic with a sore butt is trouble waiting to happen. This elevates that worry. I searched for a long time to find one and the guy that developed the Best Seat is using the same technology now for the government in fighter jets. Pilots are often seated for looong hours and developed soars and clots so they contracted them to apply this technology to jet seats. Pretty cool.

Thanks for the feedback!

I work long hours in front of a computer. Could the best seat be used in a
    wheelchair?

You too! Lol. I know what you mean and yes it's great for that. I use one on the recliner to work with my feet up. But yes its perfect for that. I can also get you some info on a complete wheelchair cushion that alternates like this one but has a battery backup system and is custom built for you. Insurance is an issue possibly but if you are intrested I could send you some info on it.

Back to working long hours on the computer.... The Best Seat is perfect for that. You will notice a big difference in your fatigue at the end of the day. Let me know if your intrested in the full wheelchair cushion too. It wouldn't hurt to see if insurance would cover it. If so it might be another option.

I hope to have all the store payment stuff set up in a week or so. I'm having to learn JOOMLA site builder because of delays from the person I hired. So bare with us for a couple weeks.

I hope we can help. It's a great seat. I swear by them. BTW The last 4 we have we are throwing in a 3 way splitter adapter for the Cig lighter plug. We are also throwing in an AC/DC adapter to run The Best Seat from a wall outlet so you can use it at the computer All free until they are gone. So if your intrested its a great deal to jump on at almost 30 dollars cheaper than anywhere else.

47years I hope we can help! Any questions zbout anything just give us a call. Thanks for your intrest and dont work to long. Lol.

-Jeff Walker

Great web page!! Cool stuff. I also drive a truck. 2009 Gmc Sierra 4x4. Couldnt take a van. I'm T-8/9. The Best Seat looks like it woudl work pretty darn good. I have the lift in the back from Bruno and it's slow as heck!!! Takes forever to load.

Thanks man! I had the exact same feelings. The way I did my truck I have a Freedom Sciences seat on passenger and driver side. So if I'm out and drink to much or sick or whatever I can hope in on the passenger side.

We are in the final design stages of a new wheelchair lift that will have a touch screen controller for easy operation and programmable. Cutting loading and unloading time down dramatically. Cant say to much more but I will put some renderings up later today. I use the lift that I have in now to transfer me to my truck seat, the mower so now I cut all my grass, I also use it to get in a sand-rail we built.

Im hoping to start ordering parts next week. I'd like to get it built by January. It will go in my truck and I'll put it through the paces and hopefully see if there is enough intreats to move it into production. It's a really cool lift with some really neat time saving features.

I know what you mean about slow. Lol. You think having one where once you hook it up and push a code it puts the chair in automatically while you get in? Let me know what you think. I really want to have discussions about this kinda thing because by getting people's opinions and things that need a solution is a great platform for us to help. We have the capabilities to get things made very quickly I think having a think tank here of Daily struggles people have, or something they want to be able to do that currently can't. Stuff like that. I think it would lead to people becomming more independent and doing things maybe they thought they couldn't.

Do you have pics of the truck? Watch my slide shoe called getting out. Make sure you click on show info. It tells you more about everything.

The best seat is a great solution. Only have a couple left with the free ac/dc adapter and the 12 volt accessory 3way. If you are. Thinking about it you might want to grab one while the sale last. I am waiting to see what the new price is and the changes they did. Anyway. Just letting you know.

Thanks again!
    -Jeff

Thanks again 1987!

Quote Originally Posted by InnovativeJeff View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Jeff Walker and I have been a member of this awesome site since my accident in 2001 after I suffered a complete C5/C6 SCI after I fell at a Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw concert. I am a country boy. Lol. I've been called a high-tech redneck. Lol. Anyway...

I started a mobility equipment company with my dad Skip Walker in January 2010. *Our company is called Innovative Mobility Solutions, LLC. We design our own products from driving aides and equipment to devices that increase independence. All of our products are designed by us and manufacturing is handled directly through us. We have a store on our website that is currently under construction at InnovativeMobilitySolutions.com . *

We wanted to introduce ourselves and answer any questions about us and who we are and all that stuff as well as have a place to bounce new ideas around and discuss common problems.*

Come check us out and feel free to ask any questions you might have!*

Thanks everyone!
    Jeff Walker
    HELLO, I BUILD THE 4X4 WHEELCHAIRS CONVERSIONS
    www.wheelchairconversions.com
    .WILL YOU HAVE ANY FOROMS LIKE THIS SITE TO SELL EQUIPTMENT?
    WE SELL THESE KEEP MY NON PROFIT
    www.WheelchairRecycler.org
    ALIVE. IT IS THE ONLEY THING KEEPING US GOING.
    DAVE HEIM

for sure!! If I had a lift that I could hook my chair up and then hit a button and it would automatically go up I would be all over it!! I have to keep my door open right now until i get the topper down and it sucks! So when I unload I have to wait in my chair until I get the rope back up and the arm in the back and then the topper down. I am not complaining I am just saying if it is raining or cold as heck it sucks to sit there and wait on it.

I also have a Extreme x4 4x4 wheelchair that I load in back when I am hunting. I have a heavy duty lift so that would make a difference to me also. I would need one that will lift a chair 300lbs.

Bruno made all the equipment for my truck now. But like I said they are way to slow and I have a friend who has the remote feature that they do not make now as they had problems with it. But that would be a huge feature to have on my truck for sure. So I could just hit a button and have it go back in while I am wheeling into work. Samwe as if I was coming out, it could all be ready for me.

Jeff, I applaud you, for your design very innovative. I myself have used the same products as hv1987. I have had two silverados 4 x4's with the bruno ez rider seat lift and the bruno outrider lift for the chair. These products allthough they are cool they are very slow. Prior to injury I always drove a truck and after injury still needed a truck to pull my jet skis and to load & two a trailer to hold all our sport wheelchairs when my wheelchair sportst teams traveled. In the past I also sold modified vehicles with the bruno lifts and definitely your product is by far superior. Keep up the good work. Nick