Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

Lexapro is a an SSRI used for depression and generalized anxiety disorder, it's not benzo. I was/am a bit unclear if you were referring to anxiety when you said 'calm nerves' but i think that is what you meant. Anyway, not trying to push drugs, just a suggestion.

baclofen is just as dangerous as valium and the other benzodiazipines when it comes to sudden withdrawal. malfunctioning baclofen pumps that cause overdose or suddenly stop administering baclofen have caused deaths.

Poppy tea is a narcotic and highly addictive.

if you read the forums on anti-depressants, some people have a terrible time when they try to discontinue them. Months of withdrawal

tramadol can be especially nasty...it is a mild opiod and also an SSRI and it is much more addictive than it's manufacturer claims and withdrawing from it can be nightmarish.

folks, use the internet to look up the medicines and herbs, teas, dietary supplements you take and question your doctor carefully. Nothing is perfectly safe and when you combine things your risk of side effects greatly increases.

Good advice Avictoria,

I never use meds daily only in a horrible exaberation (other then my low dose naltrexone to help slow/stop my progression). I always research anything I take prescribed or over the counter purchases.

Up until about five years ago I could use deep breathing to relax/relieve spasms and tremors which I don't know who all this may or may not work for, I think once My demylinated areas increased it no longer worked. I know the doctors are more then willing to throw out allot of drug options, always research and be sure everyone on your team knows what you already use.

The other thing For me is I always have to ask for the lowest dose available or my doctor would give me larger mgs. Atthe hospital I let them know I don't handle drugs well so I had 2mgs valium and it was effective for me.

If you know how you react to drugs share it w/your doctor to help them help you.

So as said above "folks, use the internet to look up the medicines and herbs, teas, dietary supplements you take and question your doctor carefully. Nothing is perfectly safe and when you combine things your risk of side effects greatly increases."

Great advice, I get excited to share ideas and forget to mention the precautionary side. I like this forum because we all see a different perspective and I like reading to learn for myself too.

Wish you the best.
    Best Regards,
    Minnie

The nerve pain does not cause me to anxious as I have had it for 4 years. I just want something to help stop it or calm it down when I stop moving. The doctor gave me lyrica and I will try that. Narcotics do not seem to do anything. I take codien contine twice a day and does not do anynthing. If I stop moving the pain subsides within an hour or two and I just want something to help that happen or mask it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegalliazzo View Post
    The nerve pain does not cause me to anxious as I have had it for 4 years. I just want something to help stop it or calm it down when I stop moving. The doctor gave me lyrica and I will try that. Narcotics do not seem to do anything. I take codien contine twice a day and does not do anynthing. If I stop moving the pain subsides within an hour or two and I just want something to help that happen or mask it.
    The anxiety medicine works on nerve pain and calms it down in some people.

I don't think anyone was suggesting you had anxiety.

Everyone reacts differently to medication and we all can't take the same combination.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by stevegalliazzo View Post
    ok sorry, when you said 'calm nerves', i initially thought you were speaking to stress/anxiety, which was exacerbating your pain.

I am a believer in natural.I used Black Cherry juice for pain and it helped.
    wishing you the best. hugs
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

Red face Medication

After four years of torture I have finally gotten a combination of pain killers that almost make me feel normal.
    My script is:
    300mg gabapentien 3 times a day
    200 mg lyrica 2 times a day
    4mg hydrmorphone 2 times a day
    I can sit at the computer and actually focus without just wanting to go lay down.
    For all of you please keep going to the doctor and maybe you will find relief. I can't believe it actually knocks the pain down to a bearable level. I had 2mg hydromorphone for two months and it did not even touch the pain. It has been a long trail and I know it is not over but at least I have some relief finally. My nights have also been quite brutal as I do not sleep well unless I am exhausted. I hope the pain relief helps with sleeping too?
    Hope every one has a reasonable day.