Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried Icon yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    In another front frameless chair I transferred using the outside corner of the seat pan or, more typically, the outside tire. Grabbing the tire, pushring, and rim with my 4 fingers and my thumb on the inside of the side guard, squeezing the tire and guard together (holding the whole thimg from moving). Inside hand on whatever I'm moving away from. That's my usual in my perimeter frame chairs, as well.
    That's really interesting. I could picture that. I wish I'd discussed it with you before the show. The only catch with that on the Icon as it is, is that the aluminum sideguards, which look great, have very sharp edges. The will need to soften those edges. That's something I'd do at home if they didn't do it but from what Jeff and Christian said, they are going to "dehorn" the chair. I think Jeff's bleeding hand will keep the subject in his memory ;-)

Gosh, after really picturing what you're describing, I'm excited to try it on the Icon. I wore myself at the Icon booth and by the time I got to Quickie and wanted to try a cushion they had, my standing time was over, I just couldn't do it again. GF was great, she agressively search for and found a folding chair for me. She's the best :-)

jeff did mention that they have transfer grab bars. maybe jeff can post some pictures of them on the chair. along with push handles and brakes. I am curious about what they all look like on the icon.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I think Jeff's bleeding hand will keep the subject in his memory ;-)
    I was going to ask how he bloodied himself. Seems like a chair designed for adjustably shouldn't leave scars when attempting to make changes.

I am also concerned about furniture and cupboards in the house...how are the points that may contact vertical surfaces around the house?
    My quickie ti, for example. has some sharp edges on the leading points of the casters, and they ave gouged up every door and cupboard in our house at about the 6" level. I'm moving into a new house next month, and dread tearing it up like I have the current place.

@SCI-OTR - the wider front end will be a NCO - the current footplate is 10" wide.

We're committed to the idea that we're going to need some sizing "packages", and although I understand your reluctance to accept a "one size fits all" proposition, I submit this for your review:

Attachment 42786

It's the same Chair.

Icon. Fits.

@tazier - we're using froglegs for our forks, as well as an in-house fork for the base model that doesn't have any sharp edges, so there shouldn't be any issues.

I cut myself on one of the tools I was using to make adjustments, not on the chair itself. In the next production run, before anodizing, we're going to "tumble" the parts, which means putting them into a big bin that vibrates like crazy with beads that soften the edges. If anyone that took delivery of the first production run chairs has any issues with the current chairs out there, we'll replace the parts no questions asked.

@grommet - please don't go near any of my babies with a Dremel.
    Last edited by JeffAdams; 11-21-2011 at 08:29 PM.

I see casting has begun for a remake of "My Bodyguard". He's a gentle giant, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I see casting has begun for a remake of "My Bodyguard". He's a gentle giant, I hope.
    I hope he isn't sitting on Christian's lap!

Icon Fits!

Seriously, it's the same chair!

Has anyone seen Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I hope he isn't sitting on Christian's lap!
    Geez I laughed out loud when I read that. Oh that's my laugh for the day!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    @SCI-OTR - the wider front end will be a NCO - the current footplate is 10" wide.

We're committed to the idea that we're going to need some sizing "packages", and although I understand your reluctance to accept a "one size fits all" proposition, I submit this for your review:

Attachment 42786

It's the same Chair.

Icon. Fits.

@tazier - we're using froglegs for our forks, as well as an in-house fork for the base model that doesn't have any sharp edges, so there shouldn't be any issues.

I cut myself on one of the tools I was using to make adjustments, not on the chair itself. In the next production run, before anodizing, we're going to "tumble" the parts, which means putting them into a big bin that vibrates like crazy with beads that soften the edges. If anyone that took delivery of the first production run chairs has any issues with the current chairs out there, we'll replace the parts no questions asked.

@grommet - please don't go near any of my babies with a Dremel.
    Jeff, I didn't realize that. I figured you cut yourself on some part edge. I do that plenty when working on stuff and .. I will be very gentle with her and the Dremel or how else am I supposed to cut and polish everything up so it looks like a Colours chair? ;-)

It's bad enough to have ABs looking down on us, but to have to crane your neck to look up at another dude in a chair. . . that's just down-in-the-gutter bad karma.