Thread: What jobs can quads do?

What jobs can quads do?

i'm a c6. can't find a job for what i went to school for which was drafting. what does everyone on here do?

even if it means goinng back to school
    I CAN MAKE YOU BLUEPRINTS OF ANYTHING YOU WANT.

PM ME

www.4th-gen-civic.com- EF Civic + CRX Resource + Forum

I am a computer programmer. My husband works at Best Buy. Both of us are disabled and like what we do. It is a matter of getting someone to realize that just because we do not walk does not mean we are not able.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Connecting the dots!

Quote Originally Posted by ef-jordan View Post
    i'm a c6. can't find a job for what i went to school for which was drafting. what does everyone on here do?

even if it means going back to school
    Did you go to school or college for drafting? Drafting has been out for quite a long time. Computer aided design is in. I call it, "Connecting the dots!" It pays very well with good benefits.

Look into an accessible career with CAD with customized employment opportunities.
    There's free tax dollars out there to go back to college.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

C5 and I'm a case manager for people on Medicaid who live in assisted living facilities. Computer/paper work + getting out and visiting with (for the most part) delightful people.

C5 - 8 T2&3, i'm a bioinformaticist doing structural biology research via computer programming, but i also do wet lab work as well. i also tutor biology, chemistry, math and physics to high school and college kids.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

retired speech language pathologist = speech therapist.

worked in schools, rehabilitation centers & nursing homes. All were accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    retired speech language pathologist = speech therapist.

worked in schools, rehabilitation centers & nursing homes. All were accessible.
    Me too!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Your mind will limit you far more than your body will. I'm a complete C5/6, 13 post SCI, have my bachelors and masters in Mechanical Engineering, have programmed vehicle dynamics simulation software, worked as an engineer on a NASCAR team, and now have my own companies that do engineering consulting work, http://www.winklerindustries.com, and wheelchair/adaptive parts, http://www.crippleconcepts.com. As a drafter you could find a niche market to specialize in, work on a broad range of projects, work for a company or do consulting. If you want to add to your resume perhaps schooling on additional software, or a degree in an engineering field will suit you. Find something you love to do, then find a way to get paid to do it!

I'm a C5 and a professor at a university. I teach all types of programming.

Quote Originally Posted by ef-jordan View Post

even if it means goinng back to school
    You may need to go back to school and look into CAD or something.

I'm a functional C-6, got degrees in Fine Arts (drawing) and Art Education (K-12). Did well in my teaching internship, teaching art to kids in elementary through high school. I'm currently self-employed as a graphic design/artist and illustrator (since 2001), but before that I was a web designer for a magazine publisher, and before 1998 I worked as a substitute teacher, dispatcher, freelance art and design.

It's a tough market out there for everyone. Find what you can do and enjoy and go after it. Going back to school won't give you any guarantees, but it'll give you better chances and more options. Talk with your local Division of Vocational Rehabilitation office.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Scorpion; 11-19-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: 1)