Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplements To Lose Weight/Burn Fat

Supplements To Lose Weight/Burn Fat

Hi

I started working out with weights in the gym since September this year but, i'm not losing the fat. Thus, i bought the following supplements to speed up the process in burning fat but, given my SCI issues and heart problems (Aortic Valve Repair & Myocardinal Infarction in 2006), i'm afraid to use it:

1) Animal Pak - Cuts
    2) Novedex XT

Is there anyone else here using these products and do you think it's safe for me to use? I spoke to my orthopedic surgeon and he said it's ok but, i'm still skeptical. Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Shawn

SCI-Nurse or Dr . Young - please reply or move it to the exercise forum.

I'm not sure what level of incomplete you are. I have been going to the gym for about three months now. You haven't been going that long that your going to see a ton of results. Do you sweat while you work out, breath hard, and are sore the next day? If not, you may need to find a new gym. I lucked out and found a guy who was a P.T. before he opened his gym.

Hi Lonecoaster

I'm a T10 incomplete paraplegic. I do sweat but not much and my breathing is a bit heavy. As for being sore the next day, most definitley! I'm afraid of using these supplements because of the side effects but then i wonder why my orthopedic surgeon said it's ok for me to use it.

Kind Regards

Shawn

Shona, i was hoping someone with more expertise might chime in and give you some better info. I don't think supplements are the ticket, hang in there, work hard on every lift and it will happen.

Has your diet changed? Cutting 10% of your calories should help you. If you are always too hungry to cut that, look for appetite suppressors

Avoid bread,pasta,sugar, drink high volumes of green tea(room temp). I used to exercise alot til i damaged left rotator cuff. Now i'm a gimp w/one good arm. I be fucked!

C4-C5 complete quad here. Losing weight and gaining muscle is really hard and a lifetime struggle for me. I have found out by trial and error that it is more about what you eat than how much exercise you get. Don't get me wrong you need both but diet is super important.

!. 8 hours of sleep a night

2. Two 15 - 30 sessions of exercise a day 5 days a week (weights, theraband, arm cycle, stretching)

3. No carbs, sugar or anything that turns to sugar in your body in any form.

4. Drink 4 quarts (1 gallon) of filtered water per day

5. Eat 5 small (200 - 250) calorie meals a day

i fall off the wagon like everyone else (even ab's) but when i follow the five steps above i can and do get in pretty good shape.
    ^^(A)^^

Try swimming if you can find a pool. Burns tons of energy and is low impact. I also find it helps force the lats to get stretched out, which are always tight on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shona View Post
    Hi

I started working out with weights in the gym since September this year but, i'm not losing the fat. Thus, i bought the following supplements to speed up the process in burning fat but, given my SCI issues and heart problems (Aortic Valve Repair & Myocardinal Infarction in 2006), i'm afraid to use it:

1) Animal Pak - Cuts
    2) Novedex XT
    Shawn
    Only shit to waste your money, if you want to lose weight you need a good diet and exercises, do cardio too.
    If you are taking more proteins than you really need they will become in fat too.