Thread: Questions about leg bags....

Questions about leg bags....

I'm thinking of using a leg bag while playing basketball but I've never used one before.
    What do i need to know?
    What is the best to put one on?
    How do I prevent leaks? Do they occur?
    What brands are best? For sports?

Thank you for your help.
    Never Give Up!

You might find the "belly bag", by Rusch your best bet. It is an abdominal bag that straps around your waist, and even in shorts it is not seen, and is out of the way. Also, it is much more convient to drain. The valve is in a much more anotomicly correct position, so it is easierto drain. No concerns about getting your leg up onto the rim of the toilet to drain. It is easier and more discrete to check if you need to drain it. All around, its a much better bag than a leg or thigh bag, in my opinion.
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt

Hi I use Bard lg 32 oz legbags they never leaked on me and I am extremely active
    I would do the belly bag route if I liked having a bag of urine around my tummy but I also put lots of motion during the day I can not have tight clothing around my waist

Every one has their own likes , dislikes etc...
    I a very active plus leg bags are hidden under my lg sweatpants , skirts my leg ... Easy to empty and being I been using them many years I am used to My Bard Leg Bags .

as for getting your leg on a toilet rim

HMMMMM some high end style like Nike sweat pants have zippers on the side of each leg so it is no big problem emptying into the rim

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird View Post
    You might find the "belly bag", by Rusch your best bet. It is an abdominal bag that straps around your waist, and even in shorts it is not seen, and is out of the way. Also, it is much more convient to drain. The valve is in a much more anotomicly correct position, so it is easierto drain. No concerns about getting your leg up onto the rim of the toilet to drain. It is easier and more discrete to check if you need to drain it. All around, its a much better bag than a leg or thigh bag, in my opinion.

doesnt the belly bag only work with a foley i dont think a condum cath would work with a bellybag from what ive read
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

You might be interested in the Urocare Sports Bags.

http://www.urocare.com/products/Uroc...aryLegBags.php

All the best,
    GJ

I'm afraid of it falling off. I've been told the Bard Bardic is the best with a strap to the condom cath.

Anyone have experience with the Bard Bardic?
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    I'm afraid of it falling off. I've been told the Bard Bardic is the best with a strap to the condom cath.

Anyone have experience with the Bard Bardic?
    I have no experience with the Bard Bardic leg bag. But as far as being afraid of a leg or sports bag falling off, they all have some type of strap that secures the bag to the lower leg or thigh. Urocare makes a wider more comfortable fabric strap than the rubber band straps most bags use.
    http://www.urocare.com/products/Uroc...bricStraps.php

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I have no experience with the Bard Bardic leg bag. But as far as being afraid of a leg or sports bag falling off, they all have some type of strap that secures the bag to the lower leg or thigh. Urocare makes a wider more comfortable fabric strap than the rubber band straps most bags use.
    http://www.urocare.com/products/Uroc...bricStraps.php

All the best,
    GJ
    Thanks GJ!

What about the condom slipping off? Have you ever had any accidents on the court? Like the "it" spilling on the floor?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    Thanks GJ!

What about the condom slipping off? Have you ever had any accidents on the court? Like the "it" spilling on the floor?

Thank you so much for your help.
    What kind of condom catheter do you use? Do you have problems with the condom catheter that you use blowing off under normal conditions? If you have a good fitting condom catheter (sized right for you), I really don't know why you would have more trouble with it on the court, attached to a good leg/sports bag, as long as the bag doesn't get too full.

All the best,
    GJ