Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daisy is at Rest.....

I'm sorry, Tonja, our pets are truly our unconditional loving best friends.

So sorry...
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

So sorry to hear the sad news, Tonja.
    Daniel

Well my second day waking up crying...I don't know if it will get any better. Harley is still moping. He makes every step I do.

I know its for the best. She was hurting but I don't know where nor how bad.

My friend has a big pure bread blood hound and he is so funny. He has more facial expressions than Zoe. Harley is slowly beginning to like him. He is bigger than Casey's boxer and Harley loves Zoe the last time they were together.

I might go broke supplying treats....I have always been a sucker. My little Daisy loved treats.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I am so sorry, Tonja. I have never had a dog but I love my cats and we are together nearly 24/7. I have lost my cat twice from the fourth floor balcony and once he was gone two month. I can understand how you feel and proberly you feel worse because I know you get a closer connections with dogs than cats.
    TH 12, 43 years post

So so sorry Tonja. Your love for her is clear as you let her go when she needed to go and that takes courage and real love.

It will get better, but it will take several months until your emotions begin to even out. I still cry about my beloved animal companions who are gone, but the extreme highs and lows gradually reach an equilibrium - impossible as that is to believe now, when your grief is so raw.

One of the biggest helps to me was this website. The website contains slightly abridged chapters from the book, Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of your Pet by Moira Anderson Allen, M.Ed (whose site this is). I don't know how I could have gotten through a recent experience without her help.

so sorry, went through it recently with my Laddie. Pets are SO family

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

My condolences as well.

It just seems like everything is happening at once.

This has been the worst year of my life.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown