Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Daisy is at Rest.....

Rainbow Bridge Poem

I feel your pain I just had to put down my dashound 15yrs old (cancer) I still cannot talk about it.....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

That is a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing.

I knew she had cancer as she had been diagnosed earlier this year but you are never ever prepared.

I have surrounded myself with animals in the week since she has been gone. It helps.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

So sorry for the loss of your precious dog. I'm still grieving the loss of my beloved Queenie and It's been several years. I can relate.

I have a little covered basket that holds the ashes and collars of five beloved friends. Id like to find a lovely place for them. maybe start a memorial pet garden in their honor.

dont we just love our little friends? they love us too, and it is a great love.

May your Thanksgiving be a day when sad tears can turn into happy tears for all the joy Daisy brought you. Dog lover myself and lost a few, now my humane society pup is between 13-15, I've had my little grey haired girl 10 years, hoping she goes a little longer.

So sorry for your loss
    Best Regards,
    Minnie

I never planned to be on the East coast this long but we have had a few delays finding the motorhome I want LOL.

So I hope you are right about today. I have alot of sweet fur babies around me just not my daisy.

Thanksgiving was my dad's holiday so I don't celebrate in the traditional way and haven't since he passed away. But I find myself missing Daisy today as everyone else around me is celebrating. If we (me and Harley) can get through the morning...I think football is the order for the afternoon and evening. I just have to figure out which jersey Harley is going to wear now LOL

I am thankful today that my little girl is no longer in pain.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I have a little covered basket that holds the ashes and collars of five beloved friends. Id like to find a lovely place for them. maybe start a memorial pet garden in their honor.

dont we just love our little friends? they love us too, and it is a great love.
    Harley slept on Daisy's sweatshirt for the first week. I am going to do a little memory box with her favorite toy.

Otherwise all the other toys and beds and trimmers etc, I am going to donate to an animal rescue. Daisy had lots of beds as she was not active these last few years and I figure it is best for Harley not to drag that stuff out of storage.

so sorry

so sorry you lsot daisy. putting down our beloved pets is so very difficult. It is about the hardest thing I ever had to do. My thoughts are with you and harley,(which is the same name as the yellow lab I had to put down.) At least daisy is able to run jump and play like she was a pup again!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/picture...pictureid=4243

I finally put my traveling partner down yesterday. I am heartbroken and Harley is too. I loved that little dog like nothing else, I have ever had.

She was just too old. When she started crying in her sleep....I decided it was time.

Casey and I buried her in my aunt's flower garden with a little stone and next year there will be daisies everywhere.

She was loved and she gave more love than she ever knew.

As far as me and Harley...We are on our way back to Colorado with my friend who I have known since the fifth grade.. We are making plans and we will be gone this week.
    just got to this, so sorry to hear the bad news, they can become big time buddies
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

so sorry for your loss its crazy how much we love our pets and what a big part of our family they become