Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Michigan no fault reform bill

From last post

Lori Conarton, communications director for the Insurance Institute of Michigan, said that the new language guaranteeing coverage for "appropriate" care is designed to ensure that physicians are not charging higher rates for no-fault claims.

The real truth as I see it...

1....bad credit score cost you more for your ins. Right?

2....no bad faith laws for ins. co. in Michigan.

3...1 year law.....after that ins. co off the hook for medical bill and other medical necessary things.

So the ins. co. drags its feet hoping not to get sued for bills so they can get off the hook.

Does not cost the ins. co. any money for dragging its feet....its the consumer that get the bill.

No bad faith laws here would stop this in its tracks.

Now the medical providers or worse yet you have to find a lawyer to sue for legit bill.

Remember #2 no bad faith laws for ins. co. So now someone has to pay the lawyer fees of 33 and 1/3 or close to 40 percent to go after them.

Remember #1....they love to do it to us even though we have a clean driving record.

Which this predator practice needs to stop.

Now the medical industry has to charge more for no fault ins. Because they know they are gona have a hard time getting paid....so they charge lets say close to 30 percent more to cover there expenses.

Why...because the no fault ins. co. have a poor credit rating.....(The shoe on the other foot) but they don't care because the ins. consumer just pays more for ins.

Does this sound like Fraud?.....sure does to me.....then they have the gull to blame it on the consumer.

So the ins. co. that gets your bills sends them to get audited....which can takes months.....and you no they have to find savings somewhere.....so they can pay for the audit and have to find some way to lower the bill so the people doing the audit can get paid......so in the end if the ins. co. had a excellent credit score and just paid the legit bills.... cost would come down and be inline with others like bcbs which have excellent credit score.

I have been hurt for 38 years coming on....and for the first 25 years I never had these problems......so what changed?

And no wonder the MCCA does not want to open its books to the public.
    Art

Please read eveyone

HOUSE BILL No. 4612

They can deny anything and be very hard to you do anything about it.

I can no believe they even came up with such a bill.

YOU HAVE TO GOOGLE THE BILL TO READ IT.
    Last edited by Art454; 05-17-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: more info
    Art

Folks you can sign up for free consumers guide.

Art

I have been working with a lawyer to get a vehicle for my powerchair for over a year. they paid for my truck the first time, my workcomp paid for the modificaitons. It has been 7 years since the first vehicle. Since then I had to sell that vehicle due to mechanical issues and have paid for my own vehicles for the last two years. Unfortunatley I do not have a vehicle now to transport my powerchair. Of course the insurance company has come back and said they are broke and dont have the money to pay for a new vehicle. I am so frustrated! It is a constant battle to try and get the benefits I am entitled to. They got off easy with my case cause it involves work comp, all they are responsible for paying is the vehicle every 5-7 years, and its a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    I have been working with a lawyer to get a vehicle for my powerchair for over a year. they paid for my truck the first time, my workcomp paid for the modificaitons. It has been 7 years since the first vehicle. Since then I had to sell that vehicle due to mechanical issues and have paid for my own vehicles for the last two years. Unfortunatley I do not have a vehicle now to transport my powerchair. Of course the insurance company has come back and said they are broke and dont have the money to pay for a new vehicle. I am so frustrated! It is a constant battle to try and get the benefits I am entitled to. They got off easy with my case cause it involves work comp, all they are responsible for paying is the vehicle every 5-7 years, and its a fight.
    You know why?......because Michigan has no bad faith laws for ins. co.

They are far from broke.....that's just a put off......you will need to get a new lawyer like the ones from my earlier post.

Art
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    You know why?......because Michigan has no bad faith laws for ins. co.

They are far from broke.....that's just a put off......you will need to get a new lawyer like the ones from my earlier post
    Enact “Bad Faith” Legislation which would impose on Michigan No Fault auto insurance companies a “duty to deal fairly and in good faith” with their insureds and which would hold insurers “liable for compensatory, consequential, and exemplary damages … costs of litigation, including actual attorney fees” for failure to do so

Art
    Art