Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhausted tired

Thumbs up Exhausted tired

hi Everyone

I am totally exhausted been working the last 2 day's out in my shop repairing my elec wheelchair

It is so hard on my hips / back
    2 days and I fixed my chair out of necessity

I am so tired and exhausted but got the job done I posted my experience in the equip forum

hope you all had a better Weekend than me lol

Hugs to ya all

Alway's
    GL

Hi GL, Been wondering what you are up to. I'm impressed as always.

Rest your body and soul, Judy. Take some time for yourself.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I undrstand. Last week I spent a couple days making a padded sliding board that I can use for getting into my low air loss bed. A "Murphy's Law" experience. A few years ago it would have been a 2 hour job. Now I am still recovering from the drilling and sawing. My poor aching shoulders. But it had to be done. I am just doing a bit of reading until I recover from the ordeal. Hope your "get up and go" returns soon.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Good for you!!! Get some rest.

Ty youre all the best

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    hi Everyone

I am totally exhausted been working the last 2 day's out in my shop repairing my elec wheelchair

It is so hard on my hips / back
    2 days and I fixed my chair out of necessity

I am so tired and exhausted but got the job done I posted my experience in the equip forum

hope you all had a better Weekend than me lol

Hugs to ya all

Alway's
    GL
    I've been there. I've spent hours and hours bending, reaching, aching, crawling around a powerchair trying to fix things. Replacing the batteries is all sorts of fun on the Quickie S626 I had. The batteries were 43lbs each and the power connecting cords were incredibly short. No way to move everything around with skinning my fingers and reaching and .. I've been there. It's really tough. The hardest part for me was knowing I didn't have the choice to quit, I needed my freakin' chair!

I still have some work times on my manual chair but it's not nearly as bad. I will be very glad when I have another chair and then this one will be a great back-up chair so I won't have to panic is something goes wrong. I can just switch and wait for parts and repairs.

Good luck and get it done, what else can you do?

We pay the ultimate price for our labor lol

My pay back is excruciating spinal pain

the Repair tech would have taken my pwr wheelchair for at least 2 weeks and I couldnt wait that long they drag their butts
    Glad I got the thing fixed in 2 days

I will now be resting lol
    Stupid me

They kept my powerchair for nearly three months. I don't think I could ever trust a shop again. The seem to have no understanding that the chair was my life. Terrible time without it. I don't understand their lack of understanding.

Btw I just went to do a little clean-up and maintenance on GF's car (it's at my place). So frustrating, so unfair, I can't do things like I used to. So bloody hard just to clean the windows. Everything falling off my lap, the chair rolling away (manual). Finally I got up and did the reaching. I was exhausted in a few minutes. Dammit, I hate losing what I had. I took a good look at the white wheels and realized they weren't rusting, it's brake/rotor dust. I could clean that up great, it would be a nice surprise for her. But I tried leaning down just a little, wipe just a bit. It was too hard. As long as I stay within my limits, I can almost forget what I can't do, it doesn't come up. But every now and then I try doing something I could do in the past and I am reminded harshly.

Feeling sorry for myself right now and I'm pissed. There are things I cannot do. That's the way it is. Again, I have to accept it.

Cool Pushing our limits

I know it is Exhausting I get frustrated because my pain is off the scale but this elec chair is my life line
    Dag nabbb it
    I just been dealing with these ideosyncracies for ages

totally can relate to you 100%

I hope you feel better Take it one inch at a time dont over do yourself
    Keep Smiling and I like your kool ideas / replies Thanks
    Always
    GL