Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Trigger Puller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gun Trigger Puller

I'm a c7 quadriplegic and I'm looking for something that I can use to pull the trigger on a gun.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Bite trigger

www.beadaptive.com
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Bite trigger

www.beadaptive.com
    Cha-ching. Much too big and bulky for a low quad IMO. It's an acceptable expense if you're a high quad but really not needed for someone who's C6-7.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Getting ready to fight the New World Order? Might as well go out with guns blazing before they toss us in the gas chamber. ;-)

Market...

Here's a link to an old thread that USED TO have helpful, working, links. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...t=bite+trigger There's still some good info there. I especially would like to see a pneumatic or hydraulic trigger developed from Leif's concept (Because I like the idea of something soft, about the size of a nipple, to bite on. Seems like a natural.).

Anyway, as with a lot of equipment that is first offered to the disabled market with great intentions, I believe that so many potential consumers are not willing to spend whatever the price is. Maybe they make it themselves or have an eager helper make them one...

And everyone thinks they have a better idea, too. Nobody can agree that one of the trigger types or another is "best" such that one actually gets popularized, or settled on, by the incredibly small market. So you're left with the overly complex and expensive solenoid trigger from BE Adaptive. (Not a winning system, IMO.)

But, it is my guess/opinion that is the reason the links no longer work and you can't find more info. They simply were forced out of business. Real shame, if that's the case.
    Last edited by a la carte; 11-12-2011 at 09:26 PM.

I have an E-Z Pull trigger assist, http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/, on my AR-15 and did my own easy-trigger mod's internally on my Ruger 10/22 and find both are easy enough for me to use and I'm a C5/6. I like the idea of a physical connection between myself and the trigger, pneumatic or hydraulic might be ok too, as I like to have a more precise "squeeze" than anything electric would offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
    I'm a c7 quadriplegic and I'm looking for something that I can use to pull the trigger on a gun.
    Most lower-level quads pull the trigger by using their fingers held differently that the typical finger-squeeze. It is important to have a light trigger pull to be accurate, otherwise you'll pull off target trying to pull back on a hard trigger. Others use a cuff with a metal "trigger-pull" that curves around their index finger.

This is how I pull the trigger.

Another view.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Liability insurance cost on products like this would be enourmous so no wonder they are expensive. We are also such a small market and that raises the cost too.

If my hands worked I am sure I could make one with a clothes pin and a bicycle cable.

I lucked out and found one on ebay for $100. I can hold the rifle and put the sight on target, I just can't pull the trigger. I could not do a large caliber either because it would jump out of my hands.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 11-13-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Liability insurance cost on products like this would be enourmous so no wonder they are expensive. We are also such a small market and that raises the cost too.

If my hands worked I am sure I could make one with a clothes pin and a bicycle cable.
    That's basically what I used to make mine. You're exactly right about the liability exposure. I've had several quads ask me to make them one but decided it wouldn't be a wise move. Here it is. I've since moved away from using it and lightened my trigger pull if possible, or put on an E-Z Pull.

Frustrating...

See (to the OP)... Just look at all the disparities, as posted.

If you're a "low-level" quad (however that is exactly defined), the accepted solution seems to be NO special equipment - just use your hands/fingers. But, that solution does not address your question!

Among the hardware solutions for "high-level" quads, there is no agreement, or standout, on a truly good solution.

I have not seen a "high-level" quad say that he needs a sip/puff, bite, or other type of actuator. Instead, they just passively ask what's available.

Then an array of solutions is presented, with pros & cons, and still I don't see anyone saying, "Oh, I would like/need/prefer that type," and why, with agreement/discussion following. THAT is what would help develop a good solution.

But that's only my opinion.

This is how every thread like this goes.... And ends up nowhere.