Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Colours Wheelchair

Colours_CSR and Rick BD are not the same person. There was no forgetting to switch accounts.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    A back door introduction, that was. I assume Rick Hayden and Rick BD are one in the same.
    Yep Rick Hayden it is, to answer are we ready to go with that design, not until we gather up the info on tooling and fixtures and whether we would have to go with a larger diameter frame as Bob did. I guess that design patent has long expired. I know, I heard that he still walks his dog by the river every day I was going to set up shop and see if I could chase him down

Quote Originally Posted by Rick BD View Post
    Yep Rick Hayden it is, to answer are we ready to go with that design, not until we gather up the info on tooling and fixtures and whether we would have to go with a larger diameter frame as Bob did. I guess that design patent has long expired. I know, I heard that he still walks his dog by the river every day I was going to set up shop and see if I could chase him down
    That's the one tidbit about Bob that seems to be part of the modern legend.

In my opinion, SCI_OTR is a better marketeer for TiLite than what colours had for theirs.

...and this is a compliment. #sarcasm
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Hi, I would like to post my experience with my Colours wheelchair. I purchased a RazorBlade around 4 years ago and went all out with the bling. The wheelchair was mostly black with a gold plated hub and heart style spinners with the saw blade wheels. Half the wheelchair looked great, I wasn't happy with the front frame as it wasn't a 90 degree angle but must of made a mistake with the rep about it. The main frame to me was a bit on the heavy side.

I will start with the good, I have never got so many complements about a wheelchair as I did this one. People would approach me about my wheels and talk about them in the street, it was what I wanted at the time. Now with what went wrong with the chair...

The push to lock brakes were huge and stuck out like a sore thumb, this made transferring a nightmare as my clothes would catch on the break. I would be very wary transferring from the shower I felt like I was being sodomized . I have seen looking at your website you have addressed this problem now with the new brakes. The brake material basically crumbled away after a short while, surely a stronger material? The clamps that are used to attached the brakes to the frame are not strong enough, the amount of times that the brakes would slowly slide down and not work after a while was annoying.

The anti-tipper at the back is far to large, it's massive and the fact that you have to be out of the wheelchair to take it off was a pain in the arse when you need to get up stairs.

The gold plating didn't last long, was this tested over a long period with these chairs. The gravel on the ground basically chips away slowly at them and they look a mess after a couple of months. The spinners didn't work when they came which was a massive shame and the rep said they work randomly (they never worked at all).

The back rests need looking at, mine would creek all the time when pushing myself. There is a huge amount that could be done to lose weight of the chair, it's something you should really look at.

This might seem like a moaning post but I really wasn't happy with the build quality of the chair and I paid £3700 ($5700+) for it. It was the most expensive chair I have ever had and the biggest dissapointment for me. I really do hope that you are paying more attention to build quality nowadays.

Also I would suggest that you figure a way of selling brakes, handles etc on your website for your chairs. I am from the UK and getting hold of the UK rep was a nightmare after this sale to replace parts (handles, brakes) if you can make them universal like Kuschall do it would help people that need to the parts desperatly that don't live in the U.S.

Pay attention to detail. I got some y360 rims and the hand rim has a rivnut stripped out in it. The rims and the handrims has drill fillings in them that makes noise each time you push which drives me crazy. Also three of the four bearings seals are bent and leaking grease due to improper installation. I am not a fan of selling product with sex appeal. Your best teacher was your last mistake! I know I have OCD when it comes to my chair but at this price their should be way more quality control in place before letting customers be your quality control. I would love to see more reviews of chairs and possibly a parts store.