Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What crossbow should i buy???

What crossbow should i buy???

I'm thinking about buying a crossbow. Are there any that you don't have to manually pull back? Any recommendations would be great!

I believe the only automated crossbow is the Parker Concorde. It cocks and uncocks itself by pushing a button which is powered by a CO2 cartridge. Given my injury level, if I were well off I'd buy it, but keep in mind its about $1,200.00.
    I bought a used off-brand one from someone on ebay for about $90. Its powerful enough to kill a deer at about 25-30 yards, but I don't know how long it will last. This is my first year hunting in over 20 years and haven't shot at a deer yet.

I just bought the Parker Concorde. To heavy for me. Can't use, still brand new with cylinder and six bolts.
    Last edited by Dale; 11-11-2011 at 02:15 PM.

TenPoint uses a hand cranking device mounted in the stock, it is called Acudraw. I am a C4,5,6 quad and can operate it fairly easy. There are some pretty good deals on ebay or watch Craigslist for used, new bows can get spendy. Good luck!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I just bought the Parker Concorde. To heavy for me. Can't use, still brand new with cylinder and six bolts.
    I'll trade you... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TenPoint uses a hand cranking device mounted in the stock, it is called Acudraw. I am a C4,5,6 quad and can operate it fairly easy. There are some pretty good deals on ebay or watch Craigslist for used, new bows can get spendy. Good luck!
    I have the tenpoint defender w/ acu draw crank. It works great! Just shot first doe w it at 40+ yds. Got it used off eBay.
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

all the bows now i believe have a hand cranking device. horton, ten point, excalibur, parker, etc. i currently have an excalibur that i really like.

if you have the $, skorpyd makes a great shooting bow but it's $1000.

By the way the Concorde is for sale. Less than retail.

By the way the Concorde is for sale. Less than retail.
    Price?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Hi DeadEye $1000 and it's on the way. Includes cylinder and 6 bolts.