Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beach fishing

beach fishing

caught a pompano from beach tonight using shrimp and shrimp oil. deets upon return in dec.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    caught a pompano from beach tonight using shrimp and shrimp oil. deets upon return in dec.
    Sounds fun. I always wanted to fish off the pier or go deep sea fishing and I will some day soon.

I guess beach fishing is a different beast all together.

Good luck
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Whats a pompano?

Being from Montana i am only familiar with fresh water species how good are they to eat? I have tried my hand at pier/beach fishing in Oregon the only thing i caught were star fish and sculpin looking fish i was looking for sea perch and rock fish i felt totally out of my element in salt water..

I used to catch a lot of shark at night, halibut and perch in the day, off the end of the pier in California. I miss it, great times and good food.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Pier fishin in Calif, in 76 i got an 18 LB stripper, wish we had those in Washington. Just get ling cod and salmon off the pier now. Could get perch too but they cook up smushy, yuck. Also get lots of rock fish and sea bass but they're illeagle to keep now, oh well.

nwmont, pompano is a good, clean, deliciously edible fish. an aussie girlfriend and i caught the only fish among those fishing in our group. we had enough pompano and redfish wed. night to have two platters of it for dinner for seven of us thursday night. because beach fishing is apparetly a contact sport for me *ahem* i jacked my big toe, but did not catch what i had done until yesterday. i am off fishing for a few days while it heals a tad. hope to be back in biz sun. or mon. it is great fun reading what people catch in other parts of the u.s. soooooo many fish, so little time.

I can catch a steelhead

nwmont, pompano is a good, clean, deliciously edible fish. an aussie girlfriend and i caught the only fish among those fishing in our group. we had enough pompano and redfish wed. night to have two platters of it for dinner for seven of us thursday night. because beach fishing is apparetly a contact sport for me *ahem* i jacked my big toe, but did not catch what i had done until yesterday. i am off fishing for a few days while it heals a tad. hope to be back in biz sun. or mon. it is great fun reading what people catch in other parts of the u.s. soooooo many fish, so little time.
    I LOVE to fish grew up next to a creek full of trout, my current addiction is steel head and Chinook salmon!!! still have to thank my buddies for that.. first time i went to Idaho steelhead fishing with them i had a borrowed pole and bought two green plugs for back trolling NOW i have 2 entire tackle boxes 1 for steelhead 1 for salmon 4 rods and reels, $1000 plus gear!!! BUT we only live once Heal up and good luck....

Hey nwmontana-- steelhead is good tough fish. and chinook, I've caught a 32 LBR off the pier here in Edmonds, it was great. Every one knows about the gimp who caught the salmon. Even down steelheading the guys heard about it and that was about 80 miles away! It's a great way to spend time, fishing, but hey, you can spend some money. You've got access to a boat, using plugs and all. You go, have a ball.

very cool that you went beach fishing and then ate em.