Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long before I start feeling like eating again?

well fromnwmont, from others posts it looks like there is a good chance your non hunger will go away in a month or two.
    to prevent too much weight loss I have a scoop of ice cream, half a nana, scoop of protien powder, and a spoon of peanut butter in a blender. it is possibe to get it down even on the least hungry days. I have noticed a spoon full of frozen orange juice can somtimes get me started on food for the day. Chamomile tea can be sometimes be helpful with the nausea, and sipping bullion broth can sometimes be good for getting a little appetite started.
    Potpie was mentioned. Marie calenders pot pies are worth having around. they provide a tasty meal that can be make quick in the microwave, so as not to miss the small window of hunger that may pop up, and be gone before a more complicated meal can be prepared.

Crackers work great

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    well fromnwmont, from others posts it looks like there is a good chance your non hunger will go away in a month or two.
    to prevent too much weight loss I have a scoop of ice cream, half a nana, scoop of protien powder, and a spoon of peanut butter in a blender. it is possibe to get it down even on the least hungry days. I have noticed a spoon full of frozen orange juice can somtimes get me started on food for the day. Chamomile tea can be sometimes be helpful with the nausea, and sipping bullion broth can sometimes be good for getting a little appetite started.
    Potpie was mentioned. Marie calenders pot pies are worth having around. they provide a tasty meal that can be make quick in the microwave, so as not to miss the small window of hunger that may pop up, and be gone before a more complicated meal can be prepared.
    Jody: I have found that plain ol saltine crackers help nausea alot for me my wife is convinced you will not puke after eating them!! might be true for her but i have disproved this theory a couple times You could be right saturday i had several cravings and ate plenty although i had a stomach flu thur n friday so no doubt my stomach was empty... Stay positive Jody.. jwj

I was depressed after my SCI and I did not eat very much for months. Once I was treated for depression my appetite came back in full force.

I had a lot of internal damage and it was about 5 months before I could eat well again. I would feel hungry, but not be able to eat much, and if I tried to force it I would just throw up. Didn't feel sick or anything, one minute i'd be happily eating and then the next i'd be making pavement pizza. Now that's over I'm back up to my target weight so i'll have to start watching how much I eat.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!