Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Enjoy.

Onward and Upward!

same to you chris and forum family.

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to everyone at CareCure!

[This message was edited by seneca on Nov 28, 2002 at 12:33 AM.]

Same to everybody

Happy Turkey Day

I hope everyone had a good day.

I give thanks to the million of turkeys who have given up their lives, to millions of cooks who cooked for the past few days to prepare meals, and to the people who took the time to bring family and friends together. I am grateful that there have been relatively few car accidents and no terrorist incident in the United States to mar this day.

Now that Thanksgiving is almost over, retailers are now revving up their campaigns for the official Christmas season. It is amazing that the radio is playing Christmas songs. I hope that our economy picks up steam and people find it in their hearts to be generous to those in need this season.

Wise.

I give thanks to the million of turkeys who have given up their lives

oh great. now they are feeling pity for turkeys. now we have to wait years for a sci cure for turkeys. when does the turkeys clinal trials start?

DA, that's funny

Everything must be done to reduce suffering in the turkey population

I would second your kind thoughts, Wise.

I had a moving experience today. My wife baked a number of pies last night. Today we went back to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where I spent two and a half months last year after my accident. We took two of the pies up to the nurses on the rehab floor.

Two things stand out from this: The first is that I left the wheelchair at home and walked all the way up there (well I took the elevator, I'm not very good with stairs yet). When I was in rehab there, I had a goal of walking out, It only took me a year and a half to do it.

The second is that I met a young woman who joined our ranks as an SCI sufferer at most a month ago from an auto accident. I'm guessing she was about a C5. Her family was with her .. thet were somber, each having their own sadness in their eyes. I want to say they were very happy to see me but that doesn't quite capture it. They seemed grateful to see someone who had come out the other side of this thing, when they were still so mired in it. We left them with the address of this site and our email addresses. If I don't hear from them in a few days I'll go visit her. It soooo reminded me of me and my family .. there we were not knowing information that could have helped us make decisions about my early rehab.

The other two pies we left on the ICU floor, where families camp out in the lounge, as Harborview is the Level One trauma center for the Pacific Northwest, and some people come a long way to be with their loved ones. We're lucky that it's only about twelve miles from our home. I spent anout three weeks on that floor, split between the Neural ICU and the Respiratory ICU.

I have a lot to be thankful for today .. I didn't die from this thing and am healthy today, I continue to recover from my injury (C6 ASIA D), I have the love and care of family and friends, and I ate a great turkey dinner a little while ago.

Take care you all and may the god of your understanding hold you in her care.

- Bruce

Projectorguy

I loved your post about the pies. Tonight, we were the recipients of a homemade pumpkin pie. Had dinner at my parent's house. Since they are both weak fighting cancer, my sister and I brought food over and did all the cooking. I brought three pies, apple, boysenberry and pumpkin.
    A neighbor dropped by with the gift of a freshly baked pumpkin pie. When we opened my pies, the pumpkin was infested with ants (somehow, they crawled in under the foil cover I placed on top)
    That generous neighbor saved the day with her kind deed... What's Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie?