Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40-year SCI anniversary 11/7/11

Hi Peter, Congratulations on your survivorship. I hit 45 years this summer, and it is no easy feat! As for the "too late?" question.......never. There are a lot of people who married early in life, discovered they maybe should have waited, and are now back out there looking for someone they can share a lot more with than a rush of hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Yup, IRM also called Rusk Institute. Did they still have the silly doll collection when you were there?
    I don't remember a doll collection. But I do remember a few unofficial "alternative pain medication" parties on the roof and trips out of the building with the recreation department. Those were the nights when I said no thank you to the valiums! The nursing staff would just smirk and roll their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    I don't remember a doll collection. But I do remember a few unofficial "alternative pain medication" parties on the roof and trips out of the building with the recreation department. Those were the nights when I said no thank you to the valiums! The nursing staff would just smirk and roll their eyes.
    Jeez, the roof - 3 gimps jumped off there in successful suicide pact a few years before me. Unless it was an urban myth.

Happy anniversary Peter! I too will celebrate my 40th next June. We've seen lots of changes over the years haven't we?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein