Now this topic I know something about.

You all can check my details under my name. I lived on my own for about a total of 10 years. Luckily, I am a creative individual who can use his mind to mechanically solve most problems.

x-10 can generally be wired to resolve any switch. If you know how to solder and other mechanical skills you can create unique switches that can turn anything on or off. Included in this category is motors of any size that can do things for you. Just that about what can be achieved with the right application of torque, turning, leverage, etc. you get when I'm going right ?

Next thing necessary is the telephone. If you can press a button then I recommend a Bluetooth enabled cell phone linked with a Bluetooth speakerphone. The Bluetooth speakerphone or import all of your phone numbers from your Bluetooth telephone and by pressing a button and saying the person's name you can telephone that person. I imagine it also works with an apartment buzzer, but I have not tried this application yet. In any event, this solution does solve the telephone problem.

Use of a stick or mouth stick of various sizes. When I was first injured as soon as I got out of rehab I put away my mouth sticks. The next 15 years were spent getting stronger by working out twice a day. Use weights, bricks, pulleys, etc. whatever it takes. Next, I use a combination of my old mouth sticks plus new aluminum rods which I dip into these various shapes. Remarkably useful for microwave buttons, CD discs (in the whole), thermostat, etc. just think about all you can do with a stick.

I can write more tomorrow or the day after.

Future Walker