Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Feeling suicidal tonite

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I agree Todd. I feel if people are truly that fucked with life, then they should do whatever to end their suffering.

I don't agree that you have a right to terminate although i have had that feeling since injured but out of respect for those who gave me life, nurtured me to adulthood and others that love me and look up to me, it would be disrespectful and hurtful. Again if a treatment should somehow crop up to improve my life quality i would of missed the boat.

Perhaps you read my post wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    No, it isn't. Losing a child, being a burned victim, or sustaining a spinal cord injury are hardly temporary problems. Death is inevitable anyway; it's a permanent solution to being born.

I fucking detest people who encourage people to live to suffer. If someone wants to die, let that person have that. No one willingly came into life, therefore, there is no obligation on his part to suffer in it when dealt a mighty blow.
    Yes my father suffered daily i honestly do not disagree with his decision to end it all BUT i do have major issues with MY SON who was 23 yrs old totally able bodied, his pain and suffering were only missing his grandpa and from "girl problems" are you trying to tell me that my sons issues were "permanent"? I think not, the loss of his grandfather was, so was the loss of MY son... Just remember the decision to end it affects your entire family, I have suffered from chronic pain since 1997 have i thought about it somedays? hell yes, do i believe everyone should have the choice if they are suffering incurable pain 24-7 yes, but not with a shot gun on the front yard for all to see....

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Yes my father suffered daily i honestly do not disagree with his decision to end it all BUT i do have major issues with MY SON who was 23 yrs old totally able bodied, his pain and suffering were only missing his grandpa and from "girl problems" are you trying to tell me that my sons issues were "permanent"? I think not, the loss of his grandfather was, so was the loss of MY son... Just remember the decision to end it affects your entire family, I have suffered from chronic pain since 1997 have i thought about it somedays? hell yes, do i believe everyone should have the choice if they are suffering incurable pain 24-7 yes, but not with a shot gun on the front yard for all to see....
    fromnwmont,

opinions will always differ on this subject. However that being said, I am sorry for the loss of your son, a loss and pain that is unimaginable for most people. Truly a loss beyond words. It breaks my heart to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    No, you read my post wrong; I didn't say a thing about your son (How would I have known?).

My post's point stated that your adage was incorrectly applied to all situations and I gave examples. Please show me where one of my examples was heartbreak over dating. Of course, that isn't permanent, thus, I didn't cite that.

Blog Entries

I find myself drawn to this thread each time I

find myself in that dark place that only SCI and its capacity to destroy all that's sacred can do. Sometimes I just find it cathartic to know mine isn't the only SCI whose wrath can bring an otherwise sane individual to the brink.
    As much as this CareCure is a refuge for positivity in the face of adversity, so is death, particularly at our own hands, in some of the most extreme cases where the term 'pain management' is truly a mutually exclusive term. Sometimes all that psychiatry and their meds, along with all that psychology, and their individual/group or even intervention sessions just don't cut it as much as an on-line discussion with some other SCI afflicted in a similar manner.

O

After reading some of your posts i am now convinced that self termination is wrong but still feel that i cannot condemn it. In my opinion it will cause great hurt to loved ones and sent a message that they can follow suit when times are tough.