Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PINS AND NEEDLES SENSATIONS??

PINS AND NEEDLES SENSATIONS??

I AM A T4-5 PARAPLEGIC, I HAVE SENSATIONS THROUGHOUT MY LEGS, THE SO CALLED (PINS AND NEEDLES) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS??

pins and needles

i also have these sensations. i was told that it's either regeneration or a neuropathy. that don't know which. later, i was told by someone else that if it's new and you didn't have it in the beginning, it's probably regeneration. now i don't know how true any of this is but i thought it might be somewhat helpful to know you're not the only one.

I HAVE THAT ALSO, FOR 5 YEARS OR BETTER. SOMETIMES IT DRIVES
    ME CRAZY. C 4/5

That is a good question and I'm waiting to see what Dr. Young replies. I myself only have the pins and needles (just like it use to be when your legs go to sleep) when I sit on a hard surface. My legs will go numb, just like they use to, but will return back to normal. DO any other para's legs still go to sleep and then wake up ? Is this normal for an incomplete sci ?

I am a t4-5 complete and my pins and needle sensation comes on randomly and usually subsides after 10-15 min. However, for the last few days this sensation has not gone away. I too am curious as to what this is all about.

pin and needles

I also have this sensation....c 5/6

If it "comes and goes" I am wondering if it could be pressure on nerves somewhere in the spinal column. The reason I am wondering is because I currently have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist, which puts pressure on the nerve running through the wrists that services the hand. Right now I have that pins and needles sensation in my hand, but it will go away when I quit using the hand so much. There has to be pressure building up on the cord somewhere to cause the pins and needle sensation.

I get 'em too .. they are pretty constant, but tend to get worse as the day goes by. I take Neurontin, which helps but doesn't make them go away completely.

- Bruce

I am a complete T6 and also get these pins and needles. Dont know what it is though... Strange. I fugure it can only be good because it feels like it in my legs and that must mean my brain is still aware that my leg are there.

Marcel

Well maybe someone smarter than me can answer this. I have the pain stuff ALL THE TIME! Along with the constant pins and needles, I have an intence burning sensation throughout my groin as well as my legs. This along with what feels like my toes are in a light socket. The toe thing started the day after my surgery! I find it odd that we are able to register and feelthese intence pain sensations yet we can't feel the touch of a loved one??
    People say. Wow! Thats great! your're recovering. well..maybe but its a living hell in the mean time. None of the drugs have helped me. Only homeopathic remedies have given me some reasonably decent relief.

chris