Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I want to cath

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Thanks for your input before the surgery CG. Gosh, she takes drivers ed this spring at school and then it is on to her driving eval and outfitting the van with hand controls so she can drive with her learner's permit. She said that once she gets her full license "you people won't be seeing me much!" I have these vision of her driving with her service dog riding shot gun and it cracks me up AND worries me as any parent does with a new driver on the road!
    haha!!! sounds like fun!!! it definitely will change her life. i've only been driving for a year and a half and the freedom of that, coupled with the mitro, the only thing that really slows me down is my pain. but now i have CHOICE and that is soo liberating! my friends hardly see me anymore as now i do what *i* want to do, when i want to do it. and i like doing a lot of things my friends just dont have time for, like volunteering or doing the ms wheelchair thing. i am tickled to hear your daughter is doing so well!!!

so ec, i hope you do find a surgeon that can do this for you. until then, keep up the good work you've been doing!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

oh! i had a thought! you should contact ms wheelchair north carolina, she was thinking of having the mitro done and so if you want i can pm you her info!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

my uro is in dc and i can pm you his info if interested

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    Try Timothy Bukowski, he's an outstanding pedi uro. Or the adult guy I sent you before, not sure if you were able to see him?

Thanks!! I'll try him. Would a peds urologist be willing to be on call for a pregnancy? Is that normal? And to the question about why I hate it so much its the bag for sure. It really messes with my body image

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Thanks!! I'll try him. Would a peds urologist be willing to be on call for a pregnancy? Is that normal? And to the question about why I hate it so much its the bag for sure. It really messes with my body image
    I don't know, but its worth asking. He also has a GREAT nurse practitioner that works with him. Also, his nurse's name is Mae, and she is very nice too. It may be worth talking to them first and they can run it by him. Also try Marc Benevides, you may be surprised at how good he is - we absolutely love him and if its beyond the scope of his expertise he would find someone to consult with him - and better yet, he and Bukowski are in the same practice. My son saw Bukowski for years for some issues (that are now resolved after surgery).

http://www.ncurology.com/about_physicians.html

(do NOT go to Leet or Bennett though, go only to Benevides and Bukowski). Start with Benevides and you can't go wrong there. Tell him Chad and Ami sent you, he knows us well, he's been Chad's urologist for 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    http://www.ncurology.com/about_physicians.html

(do NOT go to Leet or Bennett though, go only to Benevides and Bukowski). Start with Benevides and you can't go wrong there. Tell him Chad and Ami sent you, he knows us well, he's been Chad's urologist for 10+ years.
    Ami's right about Dr. Marc Benevides. He's great.
    Daniel