Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to cath

any good hospital can make an iv solution for typically oral meds. but for my mitro/augment i was so doped up on meds that i didnt notice my nerve pain. lol the benefits outweigh that period of time for recovery. i was back home in 2 weeks, doing my normal things. it has been such a lifesaver on trips or visiting houses or just going out in public. please find someone who knows what they are doing so you can have a more independent life!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

i wont lie. the recovery was rough. for about 2 weeks i felt absolutely horrible and i was on pain meds. but i would still do it all over again without a second thought. it was so worth those 4 weeks of recovery. i absolutely wish i had known about it sooner. first thing i did was i went out and bought some cute knee high boots and skirts. no more hiding of the leg bag. no more embarrassing situations when getting patted down while flying. going to the beach and wearing a bathing suit with no worries. it has been so worth it!! dont let your fear of pain stop you because this will make you feel so much better about yourself.

How do I find a doctor who knows what they are doing when it comes to mitro and pregnancy? Should I travel? I mean seriously you'd think Raleigh-Durham would have an experienced doc

Having a mitro during pregnancy was actually a plus. I had to pee pretty much every hour after a certain point. I can't image how I would have done that without it. I did have a uro on call in case of a c-section - luckily my baby ejected herself from my womb without invasive intervention.
    good luck!
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

im wondering why you hate your SP. guessing the bag, but any other reasons?

ec: those who are the best at this surgery are pediatric urologists. this is the group that it's been done on for years(kids with spina bifida). mine was done by a ped urologist, so start the search there. also try to find one that is experienced with neurogenic bladders.

That's the advice I've heard too CG....peds urologists have the most experience. My daughter did not need to have her bladder augmented. She had mitro surgery at 330 on a Friday and we were home on Sunday afternoon. Three weeks with a foley and then into the doc's to have that removed and instructions on using the mitro. It has been a real life changer for the whole family.

Try Timothy Bukowski, he's an outstanding pedi uro. Or the adult guy I sent you before, not sure if you were able to see him?

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    That's the advice I've heard too CG....peds urologists have the most experience. My daughter did not need to have her bladder augmented. She had mitro surgery at 330 on a Friday and we were home on Sunday afternoon. Three weeks with a foley and then into the doc's to have that removed and instructions on using the mitro. It has been a real life changer for the whole family.
    i'm glad she is having success!!! i honestly wouldnt change things for the world. the freedom is incredible, especially now that i am driving a lot!

Thanks for your input before the surgery CG. Gosh, she takes drivers ed this spring at school and then it is on to her driving eval and outfitting the van with hand controls so she can drive with her learner's permit. She said that once she gets her full license "you people won't be seeing me much!" I have these vision of her driving with her service dog riding shot gun and it cracks me up AND worries me as any parent does with a new driver on the road!