Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10% Discount at Lowe's

10% Discount at Lowe's

I was in the checkout at Lowe's the other day and the cashier asked me if I was a Veteran. They may have been clued in because I was under the new house spraying mold so I was wearing some old BDU's. I said yes and he said if I had my card I would get an extra 10% off. What card? I don't have a military I.D., my question is where or who do I talk to to get one? The house is old and I will be spending alot of money at Lowe's so it would save me quite a bit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lonecoaster View Post
    I was in the checkout at Lowe's the other day and the cashier asked me if I was a Veteran. They may have been clued in because I was under the new house spraying mold so I was wearing some old BDU's. I said yes and he said if I had my card I would get an extra 10% off. What card? I don't have a military I.D., my question is where or who do I talk to to get one? The house is old and I will be spending alot of money at Lowe's so it would save me quite a bit. Thanks.
    military and retires always get the discount at lowes and home depot.
    i know the local base is now issueing card for retired miltary and retired civilians
    if you're retired military you should have your ID card anyways
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    a lot of resteraunts give discounts to veterans also

Not sure we have a base nearby. I haven't called around yet, been pretty busy.New to the V.A. system, really haven't talked to anyone or even worked through the mountain of paperwork I've recieved. I'm guessing that the info. I need is in there somewhere. Thanks

Not sure how it works Linda. I did find the issuing center in my area and I will call and see If I can get some info.

If you had a VA appt. or got meds of any kind, lab work etc. in the past 6-7 years they always ask to see your card. It is a picture ID with the words VA Department of Veterans Affairs and your name. Only place I've seen them made is at a VA Hosp. Same size as a driver licenses.

A retiree card is issued by the DOD, not the VA.

If you apply for VA health benefits, at the time of approval your VA medical center Member Services office will also issue you a photo ID. Perhaps the is the card the clerk wants to see. They may also accept a copy of your DD214. Check with the store manager.

KLD

Thank's, will try the dd214. I have V.A. health benefits never had a card. Do they do them at a V.A. hospitals? Need to make some more calls.

if you have the benefits, its at the same area you get your travel pay, got my new one yesterday in memphis va center...........but you can get one at any major va center, for instance, here, would be nashville, murfreesboro, memphis, fort campbell.....tennessee.....