Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polar Bear Cam

Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I can't find a map that is showing me where the Artic Circle is in Canada. Half of Norway is north of the Artic Circle but there is not any polar bears there. Have to go to Spitzbergen and that is 78 degrees north. I can't figure out how far north the places in Canada is Oslo is 60 degrees north.
    As this map shows, Churchill isn't above the Arctic Circle. it's quite far away from it actually. But the polar bears migrate there to wait for the sea ice to freeze on Hudson's Bay. I believe that is as far south as they go, but maybe not as they can also sometimes be found in northern Quebec and Labrador. Many of the more northern communities from Churchill that also have polar bears are found below the Arctic Circle as well, although they can be found above it as well.
    Last edited by orangejello; 11-05-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Thank you You made me wiser now. I honestly don't know too much about Canada, but in my mind it is not very different from here.
    TH 12, 43 years post