Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polar Bear Cam

Very cool, BoB but he or she is sleeping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    My brother and one of his sons have taken a couple short vacation trips to Churchill, Manitoba to watch the polar bear migration. They like the challenge of snow and cold. Two idiots! lol

Ahem ........ now you'd be talking about my neck of the woods sci55 so be kind ! Actually Churchill is a little north of us ..... well actually about 1400 km (or 900 miles) north ! But none the less we Manitobans are mighty proud of our Bears !!

Besides ...... it's a dry cold ..... and we can see Russia from our back yard

Obie
    Last edited by Obieone; 11-05-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Little brain fart - had to fix something!
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Obie, the polar bears are beautiful, marvelous creatures that evolved to survive ice age-like conditions. However, my brother and nephew are a quite different species...I think. My nephew loves living in the lake effect snow belt near Oswego, NY. He is driven by the desire to own the biggest, baddest snow blower in the area. lol Every year he also scales Mt. Washington in the middle of the winter. That just is not natural!
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Save a tree, eat a beaver.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

A beautiful sunset but no bears. Earlier I seen people in these bus like things.

It is beautiful, don't know where the bears are. But that tundra buggy is supposed to follow them, so maybe they're about where we can't quite see 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    A beautiful sunset but no bears. Earlier I seen people in these bus like things.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

How far north is the cam? I am surprised it is still sun where the polar bear lives.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Canadian Arctic, I believe Bente. Not really sure where at, how far north, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    How far north is the cam? I am surprised it is still sun where the polar bear lives.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I can't find a map that is showing me where the Artic Circle is in Canada. Half of Norway is north of the Artic Circle but there is not any polar bears there. Have to go to Spitzbergen and that is 78 degrees north. I can't figure out how far north the places in Canada is Oslo is 60 degrees north.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.