Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chiropractor

chiropractor

have any of you gone to a chiropractor since your injury ? i am t 6-7 and have rods from t 3-9 . i feel worse now than i did before going in . can messing around with my back make my injury worse ?
    trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met

I've see one twice a week for the past 13 years. I have a fused T6/7 no rods so can't comment on that. It may be your back has not adjusted to the change from the chiro.

I see him and a masseuse. They've done wonders with my shoulders and imo, has keep the surgeon away for a long period. They aren't going to heal completely, but they help with the flexibility etc.

Did the Chiro take xrays, is he aware of your rods? If they continue to bother you, I'd call him.

Last edited by lonecoaster; 11-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.

thanks for the replies - what is a d.o ? i come from a small town and the chiropractor said he has worked on some in wheelchairs but not a spinal cord injured person and said he is looking forward to seeing results as appointments pass . will give it a few times and see what happens i guess .
    trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met

My SCI doctor have told me not to go to a chiropractor, but I have nothing against chiropractors for people with a normal spinal cord.
    TH 12, 43 years post

The main difference between the two types of physicians (M.D. and D.O.) is that D.O.s have been specially trained to perform osteopthic manipulations on patients. They view the patient as a 'total person" and focus on preventative care. They view the whole body rather than treat specific symptoms or illness. D.O.s use Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) in their practice. This involves the use of their hands to diagnose injury and illness and to encourage your body's natural ability to heal. Osteopathic medicine is a fast-growing segment of the United States healthcare field.

I was married to a chiropractor for 10 years years. They make terrible wives, but if you find the right one they definitely can relieve pain. The trick is to find a good one. I've got one in Vancouver that I recommend, Dr. Nigel Liang.

Last edited by lonecoaster; 11-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.

I have adjustments with a computer using vibration now. I see a massage therapist just after the adjustment. I had to get a treatment plan from my chiropractor then have my surgeon approve it.

The computer connects to a device that sends pulses to problem areas. The first two times I was in terrible pain after. It lasted a couple of days then abated.

I still have issues with hypersensitive spots...massage helps to desensitize some....plus it makes my muscles happier.

Good luck with the chiro.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderthistle View Post
    I have adjustments with a computer using vibration now. I see a massage therapist just after the adjustment. I had to get a treatment plan from my chiropractor then have my surgeon approve it.

The computer connects to a device that sends pulses to problem areas. The first two times I was in terrible pain after. It lasted a couple of days then abated.

I still have issues with hypersensitive spots...massage helps to desensitize some....plus it makes my muscles happier.

Good luck with the chiro.
    Is the device he uses, a SCENAR L? I see a massues also after or before the chiro. I feel the combination has really helped all these years. They do make the muscle happier lol.