Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What juicer do you use/ suggest?

What juicer do you use/ suggest?

Sorry I am new here and perhaps i am asking in wrong forum BUT what type of juicer do you use and would you suggest for reasonable money

I used the Jack Lulane juicer for a year and half until it broke. I heavily researched the other juicers and decided to replace my broken Jack Lulane with the VITAMIX! I love it. It came with a 7 or 8 year full warranty and is multi-functional. The clean up is AWESOME and is what sold me on it. If you google juicers you will find that there are many juicers out there and the prices vary greatly. Good luck.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

offroaderswife: Thanks for reply we have destroyed a few of the big box store juicers not from abuse they just did not hold up one "exploded" the screen/strainer part although we cannot afford one of those $500 juicers we cannot afford not to buy a better one...

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    offroaderswife: Thanks for reply we have destroyed a few of the big box store juicers not from abuse they just did not hold up one "exploded" the screen/strainer part although we cannot afford one of those $500 juicers we cannot afford not to buy a better one...
    fromnwmont,

I have both a vitamix and a jack Lalanne juicer. I recently did a juice fast and was juicing for 2 people, still am and I'm using the Jack LaLanne juicer, it is pretty old and is holding up quite well. It's not even one of the newer models and was not expensive. The reason I used it for the juice fast was to eliminate the fiber during the fast so as not to cause digestive problems. I also love the Vitamix, when not on a juice fast.

Just dont buy the ones that are like $40.00, they wont hold out at all. Try one of the Jack Lalanne juicers if that is the price range you can do.

We have an old Black and Decker juicer/extractor that's held up quite well, but when it conks out we'll either get a Jack LaLanne, Vitamix or Champion. I've heard great things about all three. Much depends on the price range you have in mind, as Mary says.

I just recently came off a 60 day juice fast and I was using a Breville Juice Fountain. It worked very well and did not take long to make the juices; after 60 days of doing it I think this is probably my most important requirement. Second, the discarded pulp (waste) was fairly dry and I was content with the end result.

While you may find other machines that use a screw and flow turning to juice, my research included that it takes much longer, you have to cut up the pieces into smaller chunks prior to juicing, and they're often prone to jamming.

Hope that helps!
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I just recently came off a 60 day juice fast and I was using a Breville Juice Fountain. It worked very well and did not take long to make the juices; after 60 days of doing it I think this is probably my most important requirement. Second, the discarded pulp (waste) was fairly dry and I was content with the end result.

While you may find other machines that use a screw and flow turning to juice, my research included that it takes much longer, you have to cut up the pieces into smaller chunks prior to juicing, and they're often prone to jamming.

Hope that helps!
    Lewis, i've been waiting to hear about your juice fast?

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Lewis, i've been waiting to hear about your juice fast?
    Off to bed now, but I will do a post as promised!

Lewis; Do you not have to cut everything into tiny pieces with the juicer you have? That would be a time saver ours were a hassle everything had to be almost carrot stick size and you did not see juice right away I will do some recon online about the juicers everyone suggested here Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Lewis; Do you not have to cut everything into tiny pieces with the juicer you have? That would be a time saver ours were a hassle everything had to be almost carrot stick size and you did not see juice right away I will do some recon online about the juicers everyone suggested here Thanks
    Pretty much everything goes in whole except for large apples which sometimes need to be cut in half and/or even quartered. Smaller apples, cucumbers, carrots, and large leaves of leafy greens, all go in whole. Other than washing there is hardly any prep time. Here's a link to the one I actually have but they have a great range in all price ranges:

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-JE98X...0331531&sr=1-5