Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update on Geron

Curt i personally didn't think that phase 1 was going to be an issue
    the real jackpot is efficacy.
    hopefully someone else might pick up the torch

yes, someone else WILL pick up the torch but we have to help them get there.

any response yet from Dr H? what does this do to our reputation and credibility as a community? how will we be viewed by the FDA for future trials?

More science, general info on the Geron story here- http://the-scientist.com/2011/11/15/...c-trial-kaput/

Geeze, I feel like a fool doing this post no less two ago, I sure did not see this coming. It's more proof to me that the government (NIH) needs to be more involved in stem cell research to pave the way for a better future for all of us and others as time goes by. Private industry just does not have enough of a incentive to do so as the stock holders demand profits that are not too far away in the future.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Geeze, I feel like a fool doing this post no less two ago, I sure did not see this coming. It's more proof to me that the government (NIH) needs to be more involved in stem cell research to pave the way for a better future for all of us and others as time goes by. Private industry just does not have enough of a incentive to do so as the stock holders demand profits that are not too far away in the future.
    Don't feel like a fool. NOBODY saw this one coming!

P.S. While it may seem discouraging now, I have hopes that it will end up being a blip in the road. Companies are competetive.

sounds like political pressure to stop. Many groups do not want success. Remember the electric car in 1980......

Quote Originally Posted by KYLady View Post
    Don't feel like a fool. NOBODY saw this one coming!

P.S. While it may seem discouraging now, I have hopes that it will end up being a blip in the road. Companies are competetive.

I have posted in cc as far back as pre election of obama that his policies would lead to this. Cures are discovered because of profits. You take away the profits you take away the desire to fine it.

Regulatory constraints when dealing with FDA is tedious and unnecessary in what or how stem cell trials must abide by.
    Aggie Mom 2007

i feel like a chump right now. i have done a fundraiser for the past 3 years for this group just to have this happen. i have talked this up to everyone i know and now i just feel betrayed...
    Today is one day closer to The Cure

Quote Originally Posted by JayHarn3 View Post
    i feel like a chump right now. i have done a fundraiser for the past 3 years for this group just to have this happen. i have talked this up to everyone i know and now i just feel betrayed...
    @ Jay, Do you mean you donated money directly to the Geron Corporation?