Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update on Geron

Update on Geron

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3035...s?source=yahoo It sounds pretty exciting what is going on. After this article the stock drops over 8 percent today, go figure. I guess it's cause the overall market was down.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yeah, that is a pretty interesting article. The insider buying at Geron is up as well. Maybe they're on to something.

Even if their solution is just for acutes then that would be a great start.

Hello,

I'm not negative on acute cures, in fact if chronics can be 'made acute' such cures might help chronics, but never forget the polio lesson: polio was never cured. If you ALREADY HAD polio, you were 'grandfathered' translation: screwed.
    Futurewalker

Quote Originally Posted by futurewalker View Post
    Hello,

I'm not negative on acute cures, in fact if chronics can be 'made acute' such cures might help chronics, but never forget the polio lesson: polio was never cured. If you ALREADY HAD polio, you were 'grandfathered' translation: screwed.
    I hear you. Hopefully, the solution won't stop there.

like the article says, the money is in chronics. they wont stop with acutes.

I'd like to bet that chronic SCI is not high on Geron's list.

1)"The possibilities presented by combining InVivo's scaffold with other drug and cell therapies has already led to a strategic partnership with the Miami Project, an organization that has to date raised nearly half a billion dollars in search of a cure for SCI-induced paralysis. This collaboration will study InVivo’s tissue engineering technology in conjunction with the Miami Project’s Schwann cells and was featured last month at the Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis 26th Annual Great Sports Legends Dinner fundraising event." (http://seekingalpha.com/article/3035...s?source=yahoo)

2)"Four sorry misinformed fools who don't know how many millions Geron has screwed shareholders out of.You are betting on a clinical trial which, if successful, will put Geron ten years behind every adult stem cell company in the world who knows how to TODAY improve the lives of SCI patients.
    But you keep cheering for the sure loser.
    Don Margolis
    Repair Stem Cell Institute"

jsilver, which citation seems to you more scientific and which more commercial? As for me, just mentioning of MP induce me the feeling of disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    2)"Four sorry misinformed fools who don't know how many millions Geron has screwed shareholders out of.You are betting on a clinical trial which, if successful, will put Geron ten years behind every adult stem cell company in the world who knows how to TODAY improve the lives of SCI patients.
    But you keep cheering for the sure loser.
    Don Margolis
    Repair Stem Cell Institute"
    Don Magolis is not a scientist. He has no science education. He is an insurance agent and a religious whack job with an anti-science agenda. He is not someone who should be taken seriously.

Geron (GERN) updates Clinical Data from GRNOPC1 Spinal Cord Injury Trial
    20th Oct 2011, 3:11 pm by Henry McCusker

P1 trial had No GRNOPC1 related adverse events

GRNOPC1 was delivered to 4 spinal cord injured patients at a dose of 2M cells without complications from either the cells or the surgical procedure itself, and without any negative effects on the spinal cord or neurological function of the patients to date.

The only side-effects observed were due to the immunosuppressive drug tacrolimus, which is administered for the first two months after injection of GRNOPC1. There is no evidence to date of immune rejection of GRNOPC1, an allogeneic cell therapy, including after withdrawal of immunosuppressive drug.

Endpoints of the trial are safety and evaluation of neurological function, using standardized testing at specified time points to monitor sensory and lower extremity motor function.

One patient in the trial has completed the Day 365 follow-up visit. The most recent patient to be enrolled in the clinical trial has completed the Day 30 follow-up.

The Bottom Line: Safety data to date from the trial has shown:

No surgical complications during or after the procedures;
    No adverse events related to the injection procedures or to GRNOPC1;
    A few mild adverse events related to tacrolimus;
    No evidence of cavitation in the spinal cord at the injury sites on MRI;
    No unexpected neurological changes;
    No evidence of immune responses to GRNOPC1.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/co...rial-0558.html

so its safe but they wont tell us that the patient thats a year out has any kind of motor or sensory return? my guess is no. why wouldnt you want that exciting news out there.