Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2 months son cries a lot during the night

i wanted to make a joke and say "eat him"; but felt that might not be appropriate
    tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society

i don't know of any babies that do not cry at night
    Because of my SCI I do to

I have had 3 kids and they all cried at that age some started to sleep through the night better then others one day it will happen.

Babies cry and at 2 months you have a long way to go and I suspect from my own experience you previous sleep patterns will return when he moves out.

If he is colic then that is part of the problem, if you can't handle the lack of sleep and your son is basically healthy then you need to deal with it.

I would not also would not recommend chiropractic at this age

Now you could try having him sleep in the bed with you and feed him there to settle him down and give you some rest.

Our first baby had `colic for 4 1/2 months. Baby swing with a infant sized hot water bottle wrapped in towel and set on his tummy calmed our little guy. Best wishes......although a long time ago I remember how helpless I felt to alieve my babies discomfort. Also the tip about air is good, maybe you should see if a different style bottle helps too.

You have verified he isn't reacting to a formula he is having difficulty digesting and it is colic, just another thought?
    Best Regards,
    Minnie

My son cried alot. so we took him to the doc and found out he was an alergy baby and had to use special formula. then they changed his formula to prosobee awsome formula. we still had a bit of colic. and straped his car seat to the dryer. or took him for rides. we also used a drop of mint in some water witch helped. also gas meds for babies help, baby swings help, even a back messaser in the crip helps. the type of messager I am talking about is the one you have some one use to message your back the hand held one. rocking him helped, putting him over our shoulder and lightly bouncing him helped. sometime he just couldn't burp or pass gas with out help. all the best to you and your little guy. I hope that something I used might help. oh sometimes babies get lonely and just need to feel close. might want to try a co sleeper its a bed thats right by your bed. get invention. worked with my other 2 kids. change is bottles to doctor browns. they are life savers. good luck!

Red face Crying baby

My daughter too never cried at night, but my nephew had horrible colic and sometimes would just scream for hours. Finally, they bought a wind-up/battery type baby swing and they would put him in it at night and fussy times during the day. They finally found a solution that worked for them. Also switched to a different bottle.
    Their Dr advised never to sleep with baby as you could roll onto it or get blankets caught around their breathing area, instead get a sound machine that has different soothing sounds (white noise, ocean waves and so on). Hope you find a solution soon.
    Helga

My second baby cried like no tomorrow. It was very stressful...When I look at him now (he is 21) I wish I had not stressed as much, and enjoy it more...We humans frantically try to get a baby to stop crying...But if the baby is fed, watered, warm, loved, clean and so forth...and still cries...don't stress. Take a few deep breaths. It will resolve. I put the baby in bed with me abd tried to mitigate the cries with ear plugs. Putting the baby face down on my belly helped soothe him. I also tried to get him to feed without swallowing too much air (breastfed with the baby upright, good seal over the breast), and burped him lots. He was a gassy baby.
    I would never allow a chiropractor near a baby's neck. Many cases of vertebral artery dissection and even broken necks. A bit of massage on the back is okay, but mom or dad can do that.
    What I would do is get help from family and friends. I wish I had done that more. Get rid of the baby for a few hours and sleep or get a massage yourself. After a few hours, you will be dying to see the baby.
    All this is just normal human stuff. But it can be very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie60 View Post
    Our first baby had `colic for 4 1/2 months. Baby swing with a infant sized hot water bottle wrapped in towel and set on his tummy calmed our little guy. Best wishes......although a long time ago I remember how helpless I felt to alieve my babies discomfort. Also the tip about air is good, maybe you should see if a different style bottle helps too.

You have verified he isn't reacting to a formula he is having difficulty digesting and it is colic, just another thought?
    Oh yea baby swing is very helpful for many babies, as is a device that sounds like mom's heart beat...

mine only cried with ear aches or colic. Colic or constipation, the baby will draw his lil legs up to his belly then kick them straight, while crying loudly frantically.

ear pain is a high pitched loud cry also but they will not draw their legs to their belly, and there may be a fever.

ear pain is much worse when trying to lay down. making sure the baby is sitting straighter up rather than reclining while nursing can prevent milk from being forced into the ears and sinus when they cough or sneeze, later causing ear pain and infection.

If your baby is just fussy, like a lazy cry, maybe he is lonely. I used to fall asleep patting their backs, with my hand reaching though the crib, or with them sleeping on my chest.

Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby.