Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: schwalbe Ultremo ZX

  1. #1

    schwalbe Ultremo ZX

    Schwalbe Ultremo ZX is going to be avaible for wheelchair in 24" and 25" size in 2012, just 200 grames for 24" sizes and 210 for 25, anyway i don't think is the best option for a daily tyre.

  2. #2
    attractive but where is that site will not be found ......

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by freestyle73 View Post
    attractive but where is that site will not be found ......

    http://www.schwalbe.de/gbl/en/produk...lProducts=true

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by freestyle73 View Post
    attractive but where is that site will not be found ......

    Have a look at the virtual spanish catalogue for the new 2012 in page 52 http://www.schwalbe.com/language/#

  5. #5
    thanks toto but do you fully for daily use everyday ..... why not ...... tips and advice as an alternative ....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by freestyle73 View Post
    thanks toto but do you fully for daily use everyday ..... why not ...... tips and advice as an alternative ....
    Because it will be much easier to have a puncture with this kind of tyres, i had one ultralight tyres (Speed Air) and i have had around 4-5 punctures with it, and i don`t want more this kind of ultralight tyres,
    those are only for sport wheelchairs really, for play in parket or others surfaces where the risk of punctures is zero.
    But of course you can use them, maybe you are lucky and don`t have any puncture, i had ultremo ZX in my handbike too and i take them off after two punctures in three days.
    I prefer a heavier tyre but be safe, at the moment Right Runs are my choice for my wheelchair and this continental for my handbike with no any puncture in near 500 milles i have done with them, they have a Vectran pucnture protection.

    When my Right runs get use up i will move to continental for my chair too.
    One of the advantages of having a 559 wheels is that you have a lot of tyres where to choice, never back to 540, no thanks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Schwalbe Ultremo ZX is going to be avaible for wheelchair in 24" and 25" size in 2012, just 200 grames for 24" sizes and 210 for 25, anyway i don't think is the best option for a daily tyre.
    Neither do I... I run marathons for my daily grip. These are track or court type tires... Too soft for public streets and sidewalks. Will pick up a bunch of pebbles and pieces making punctures far more likely.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Because it will be much easier to have a puncture with this kind of tyres, i had one ultralight tyres (Speed Air) and i have had around 4-5 punctures with it, and i don`t want more this kind of ultralight tyres,
    those are only for sport wheelchairs really, for play in parket or others surfaces where the risk of punctures is zero.
    But of course you can use them, maybe you are lucky and don`t have any puncture, i had ultremo ZX in my handbike too and i take them off after two punctures in three days.
    I prefer a heavier tyre but be safe, at the moment Right Runs are my choice for my wheelchair and this continental for my handbike with no any puncture in near 500 milles i have done with them, they have a Vectran pucnture protection.

    When my Right runs get use up i will move to continental for my chair too.
    One of the advantages of having a 559 wheels is that you have a lot of tyres where to choice, never back to 540, no thanks.

    my measurement is 25 -540 24x1 continental advise me what to take ....

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5
    Gator skin tyre are very sticky and left tyre mark all over the house. I also have some problem with marathon rev plus tyre multiple cracking on the sidewall (only sidewall) badly (BADLY, and yes at 120 pressure checking every week )only after 6 months of receiving the chair. Than change to conti gator skin tyre very good but as I said tyre marking every where. Change to right run after seeing toto advice. no more problems. Thanks toto

Similar Threads

  1. 23X650c Ultremo tire sale
    By Patrick Madsen in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
  2. 30-540 Schwalbe Airborne
    By radio_buddha in forum Equipment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 10:28 AM
  3. schwalbe right run
    By radio_buddha in forum Equipment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 04:35 PM
  4. Schwalbe Marathons
    By grommet in forum Equipment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 04:04 AM
  5. Schwalbe Tires
    By jayslx1 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •