Thread: Botox in bladder

Botox in bladder

It is four month since I got botox in the bladder and it has been working. But I feel it is on the way to disappear. I am not sure if I want to do it again since I still got the UTI and it was PAINFUL, 30 shots in the bladder... How long will it take untill all of it diseappear?

But yesterday I got a cold, my nose is closed and I am sneezing and everytime I sneeze, I pee a little. Makes me crazy of course and it is week-end and no pharmacy is open and it is raining outside, I don't feel for wheeling around to see if I find a small shop who has nose drops.

Is it time to call the uroterapist on Monday and talk about what to do now with the botox? I am asking here because I am sure they don't know because they have never met anybody else who is not leaking and not cathing without the botox. I am really bored of the cathing and since the botox and the different kind of pills didn't work for the UTI, I prefer to pee and use a cath when I feel I am not empty.
    But I can't have accidents for weeks or do I have to
    TH 12, 43 years post

You may have to supplement the Botox as it wears off with anticholinergic drugs like Oxybutinin.

All the best,
    GJ

Oh no, I don't like the anticholerics, I get constipated, that's why they gave me Botox. I have tried all kinds, even the Kenda patches. LOL, here they give Botox only as the last shot
    TH 12, 43 years post

How long bladder Botox lasts is very individual. You may need to resume the anticholenergics. Have you tried intravesical Ditropan instillations after cathing? This is usually done 2-3X daily, and avoids most of the side effects of anticholenergics.

(KLD)

Thank you, then I try to call the uroterapist on Monday and I know what to ask for
    TH 12, 43 years post