Thread: 2003 Spinal Cord Injury Push for the CURE conference!

2003 Spinal Cord Injury Push for the CURE conference!

Hey all;

Last night as I was laying in bed I was doing some thinking. I read on this site alot...probably everyday, and there are a few observations I would like to make.

1. We all want the same thing.
    2. We all like to disagree about that thing...if it is possible or not.

3. The thing that most of us...the ones who think it possible, see the obsticles...FUNDING!

So after reading numerous posts telling me to do something, to join hands with my SCI brethren and get something done...I had a though.

I was thinkikng of an episode of CSI Crime Sceen Investigation,
    there was a murder at a confrence for little people, dwarfs.

Any how I think we should organbize a confreence for SCI. I think that this years confrence should be focused on CURE funding...as it seems to me we are so damn close it so many areas to comming up with so many of the different steps needed to be whole again!

I think we should plan the confrence for the summer time and we should let the media know about months in advace and we should also present CR with an award of some kind.

The point of the confence would be to discus ways and set up a game plan with and end goal...not a limmit on funds raised...in which everyone could easily go home and collect funds.

I have several I deas about fund raising but don't really know how to get things moving...I'll continue to try however...

One way I was thinking is to set up an international, North American lottery/raffle every two months that gives away a new car to the winner.

I figured at $40 a ticketyou sell 2500 tickets and thats 100,000,less cost of the car and printing of tickets...also probably need to pay some sort of tax so lets say we end up with 50,000.
    I know I could sell 2500 tickets in no time in my cityalone.
    If we got 100 people selling 2500 tickets every 2 months for a year we would have 20 milliion dollars.
    Is this a possible way to raise money...any lawyers here or accountants?

Any way let me know if you think a conference would be a good idea?
    It would only work if we worked together to set it up and informm and invite people.

Again, I thik the main focus should be FUND RAISING and where to send the money...maybe just give it to Rutgers?

How close are you Dr.Wise and would a steady stream of funds over the next few years get us there?

The conference could also have talks on different therapies in the works for those who don't frequent this site.

Also we must remember the only way to have a great conference is to have one every year!

I think if you have 10 or 20 million dollars to give away you would have alot of people asking for it. I think this a great idea.

Funds rasing day

Let have a funds rasing day all across the america,and put all efforts together to find a cure...

"WE HAVE TO GET UP TOGETHER LET PEOPLES WHIT SCI BE OUTSIDE TOGETHER IN STREETS WHIT MEDIAS ON FUNDS RASING DAY"

MAYBE IN JUNE 2003