Thread: Meds

Meds

Hi

I am a 50 year old male diagnosed with Transverse myelitis. I have constant daily pain, unrefreshed sleep, GI pain, headaches, deep muscle pain ect. I have been on a lot of different meds and am currently oxycodone for pain, Gabapentin which really doesnt help and ani inflammatories. I was wondering what ant depressants work well for TM and ones you can take at night because i feel i am at the point I may need some soon to cope with this all. Also the gabapentin is not working well and i have been on doses all the wy up to 3600mg. I have also tried Lyrica without much success. has anyone tried Celebrex to help with muscle stiffness and soreness. Any other suggestions would be well received as well. This is one disease that is definately hard to deal with on a daily basis.

Hi,

I'm newer to the forum and noticed your post. Im pasting a site of a lady that has what you have and has dedicated allot of time to research of her issues with good references and links where to look things up, maybe it may offer some solutions for you. She has MS too, so do I and I found many useful references for me.

http://crystalangel6267.webs.com/mystory.htm

Sorry I can't offer more help. Have a wonderful and blessed thanksgiving
    Best Regards,
    Minnie

Do you see a neurologist or physiatrist to deal with your pain issues? Did you have inpatient or outpatient PT and for how long?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Haven't you consulted a health professional or a neurologist and trying meds all by yourself? Consult an MS health professional asap so that you may get a proper advice for it. I'm not an MS patient but I’m running a blog especially for MSers. I have a really soft corner for them and want to help them lead a healthier life. You can also visit my blog for guidance and good references. Hope it helps!