Thread: Stem cell stocktake and update

Stem cell stocktake and update

For years we have been hearing so much about stem cell teatments findings and trials in improving our SCI that i would really appriciate a stocktake update.
    i know that we are still in the discovery stages and the future looks positive but Can someone please explain to me what stem cells have actually been proven to do in treating human SCI injuries or is this question too early to ask.

Thank you

Peterf
    Last edited by peterf; 10-28-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: wording

It's too early to say. With clinical trials only just getting underway in humans it is impossible to make any bold predictions until enough data is gathered from many trials.

However, what you can definitely say is that stem cells are just one part of the SCI Cure story and they will continue to provide a fantastic learning tool for many other lines of science.

that's means 10 to 20 years if ever!
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

However, what you can definitely say is that stem cells are just one part of the SCI Cure story and they will continue to provide a fantastic learning tool for many other lines of science.[/QUOTE]

Yes i think another interesting venue would be nano and pico bio electro mechanical technology.
    http://www.google.com.mt/url?sa=t&rc...Mfs3GIbYv7UN0g