Thread: Wheelchair choice

Wheelchair choice

Hi i want to get myself a new wheelchair.I have to decide between Quickie helium or Tilite ZRA.what is your experience or choice on these two?or maybe a better chair option.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    Hi i want to get myself a new wheelchair.I have to decide between Quickie helium or Tilite ZRA.what is your experience or choice on these two?or maybe a better chair option.

Thank you
    I've been very happy with my Tilite TR. It's lighter and more rigid than the ZR but because of the lower frame member is harder to bring across your lap. Good luck deciding.

Thank you
    if private insurance is paying for it, you are likely gonna get the Helium covered before the ZRA or at least that was my experience anyway.

I have a new Q7 which from my understanding is the same chair as the Helium and I love it

If insurance is an issue for the ZRA, consider the Aero Z, which is basically the aluminum version of the ZRA.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

check out the Icon A1. It's a new ultralight with suspension and totally state of the art in adjustability. http://www.iconwheelchairs.com
    or maybe a better chair option.

Thank you

The TiLites (ZRA & AeroZ) are both compatable with power assist (when factory reinforced). The Quickie Helium is not. The TiLites have a lower available RSH than the Helium. Those were both factors for me; they may not be for you.

I love my AeroZ (it's my first chair). For my next chair, I plan to go with either minimal adjustability (e.g., TiLite ZR or TR) or complete configurability (i.e., Icon).
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-27-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

that icon is a pretty cool chair..........

I just got a TiLite ZRA2 (the original ZRA series is no longer available in the US; not sure about other parts of the world). I purchased the Power Adaptable frame and had e.motion M15 power assist wheels added to it.

I am loving every minute of the upgrade from my TiLite EVO, with Wijits that I only used for a total of 2 weeks. I used the regular wheels the rest of the time I used the chair.

(QUOTE=Brianm; If insurance is an issue for the ZRA, consider the Aero Z, which is basically the aluminum version of the ZRA.)

Ditto here! Lynne

Thank you for the advise