Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate October! (rant)

Grommet - she did NOT say that being in a wheelchair is the end. Re-read her post, especially what you quoted, and don't criticize her!

Lisa, I'm so sorry. I have no words other than to say that in the past, I have been in your shoes. And those are horrible shoes to stand in. For example, Chad broke his arm on Christmas Eve one year, which effectively put him in bed for 6 months since we couldn't lift him at all due to the severity of the break. That did not help Chad's depression either, trust me.

Sending love my friend..... I so wish I could just come over and hang out. Put on pjs, grab a strong drink and try to laugh for a bit. Or cry. Or both!

I wrote this during one of those times: http://itwasntfunnyatthetime.blogspo...ad-system.html I think you may relate!

And this is one is just plain funny: http://itwasntfunnyatthetime.blogspo...us-ballet.html
    Last edited by zillazangel; 10-28-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Last edited by grommet; 10-29-2011 at 01:20 PM.

You're right grommet, I'm sorry. I'm just very very sensitive to caregivers being criticized for how and what they say. My apologies.

Last edited by grommet; 10-29-2011 at 01:21 PM.

The last thing Lisa would ever do is be insensitive. "Ended up in a wheelchair" is a figure of speech my husband uses about himself quite often.

Last edited by grommet; 10-29-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Yes, everyone is different Grommet, I understand what you are saying.
    My husband is very laid back and does not mean it in a bad way when he uses the term for himself.
    He was older when was hurt and is not really self conscience of how he looks even though he gets some stares as he drives with a sip n puff.

So today...found out grandma has three masses on her brain, basically the left side of her brain is so swollen by the masses that its putting pressure on right side causing major problems, she also has a mass in her brainstem and also in her lung, and possibly in her colon as well as there were several abnormalities in some test they done on her colon. Long story short, in operable, now its the hard decision of nursing home or home with hospice. Two siblings say nursing home, two say hospicce. It's not going to be pretty no matter what. I ended up losing it today and yelled at all of them today to shut up and take it out of her room. They were arguing back and forth and talking like she wasn't even there. I know she can hear them and I just hate that.
    To add to the mix, Davids aunt is in the hospital too, she is having trouble with her digestive system. She already has so many food allergies its not funny. His other aunt died a year ago Oct. 26th.
    Sorry I may have used the wrong words when I said "ended up", the last thing I want to do is to upset anyone. Like you said, we all need each other and I really can't thank all of you enough just for listening and letting me vent away. To me our life, the one we used to know, did end that day, however we have started a new life now, one that includes a chair.

MSWIFE, I can so relate and I wish we all could help each other with more than words. I'm alone and go through stuff. I have found the only help I can count on is at the end of my arms...

Grommet, you're just being self-centered on the choice of words. People say the phrase in many contexts, such as, "We ended up choosing Hawaii for our honeymoon!!!" It almost NEVER means something is at its end. Get over it.