Thread: Freedom Clear LS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Freedom Clear LS

Hi. I'm a C6-7 quad who has been using these catheters for about as long as I can remember. And up until a few weeks ago they worked great and i never used skin prep. Then they started blowing. They didn't stay on my skin. I started using skin prep and now they are barely staying on. If I "kick off" too much they blow. My confidence is gone. Has anyone else had problems with the Freedom Clear LS recently? Any recommendations on another good catheter? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Freedom Clear LS

Would be happy to send some equivalent Hollister samples for you to try if interested. You can reach me at Mike.Skelly@Hollister.com

You might try a "Posey strap" that wraps around and is velcroed on. Good Luck!

I've used freedom for years with no problems tho i did send one box back once as there were a fair few in there that just blew off,seemed like the glues wasnt right.

I used Freedoms for a long time then started having trouble with them. I switched to Rochester Wide Band about 10 years ago and have been very satisfied.
    C-6/7 incomplete

surprised....i use freedom clear, and i could bungee jump from my pecker and it wont come off...i swear i think im gonna pull my skin off when i remove it ...i dont use any prep or anything....
    - Rolling Thru Life -

I used Freedom clears 16 years ago when I first got injured and had problems with it doing a "seal-a-meal" in the heat and then would have a blow out. I switched to Freedom Cath a year later and never have problems now. They do require skin prep though.