Thread: HELP in pain.

HELP in pain.

I have had pain in my lower left adbdomin for almost 2 weeks now. I went to urgent care over a week ago and they said it could be diverticulitis, since i was constipated the week before. they put me on an antibiotic for diverticulitis. So since then I have increased my fiber intake 2x to 3x, and have been taken senna (4 tablets a day 2 in morning 2 at night). I have been having bowel movements every other day with ease....i havent had constipation for almost two weeks... but the pain is still the same....if anything worse.

I got a cat scan yesterday, and they said it was constipation and that i didnt have diverticulitis...how could i have constipation if im having big bowel movements every day....i feel like im definatley emptying everything.....

the pain is my lower left abdomen, and my left butt cheek/left hip area. It feels like pressure. and when i bend over in my chair it increases the pressure.....

Has anyone had this before pleeeeasseeee help im going crazy and i cant work out because of it.

Ive also read increasing your fiber intake dramatically can have side effects... is this a typical side effect ?

by the way: its not a uti i got checked for that too. My last resort is to do an enema ....
    Last edited by cjmackay; 10-26-2011 at 05:17 PM.

I've been trying to solve the pain I have in my lower left abdomen for the last year. I have pain in my left hip, back and abdomen and I've been to the emergency room three times in the last year. I've had CT scans, lower abdominal xray and a colonoscopy only to be told I have a mild case of diverticulitis and to increase my fiber intake.
    Which I did even though I had nothing wrong with my bowel program.

I do have arthritis and my hips and one of my doctor's tells me I'm suffering from what's called referred pain. Unfortunately every medicine she's given me for this referred pain hasn't helped one bit!

Now they just recently did some tests on my gallbladder but I don't have the results of that yet. It's all very frustrating dealing with this pain 24/7 there's days I wish it would just all end!!

I hope you find something to help with yours and if I find something that helps me I will pass it along. . Take care
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

so i did an enema and cleaned myself out. but the pain is still there.

i noticed that when i lay down, and press on my lower left ab (just above the hip and below the belly button) the pressure causes kind of a bubbly crackling sensation. my fingers cant really feel it but on the inside i can feel it.

any thoughts? im desperate.

If you've bumped up your fiber by two to three times your usual, be sure to push the h2o. A rule of thumb for how much to drink is to take your weight and divide by two. That's the minimum number of ounces of h2o to drink per day. For example, if you weigh 120, the number of ounces minimum is 60 (120 divided by two).

Hope you feel better soon.

I had the same problem with the pain in the lower left ab/hip, which got to be intolerable when bending over. Doc said it was an inguinal hernia (probably from straining during Bowel Prog). Had the mesh repair. Still get the pain on occasion, but much less often and much less severe. Still get the pain bad when I get really gassy or if I've got a real big poop on deck.

It could be a hernia, constipation, impaction or gallbladder problem. I would encourage you to keep up with what you are doing, make sure that you are drinking enough and that your diet has plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Also keep as active as you can.

Do you have a primary care doc who could help you coordinate some of the referrals/testing? Hpw about a SCI doc? Either could be very helpful in this case.

CKF