Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after bring left with severe tone (spacisty)

after bring left with severe tone (spacisty)

during a failed surgery in '07. i'm on my 4th procedure it was a lamey so i wouldn't have too have a 3 level fusion. a question for the dr. i'm now getting scoliosis, causing pain and stiffness in the lower part of my spine, pulling is to the right toward the spacisty. have you or anyone else heard of this and is there anything to stop it from progressing. i receive botox in my leg to loosen it up but my spine is still being pulled to the right.
    ddd t1-6, f/x t8 thru t-11, fusion at t-9/t-10, 1 1/2" bruse on cord, fusion at t-12/1-1, lamy at L-1/L-2, foraminotomy at L-3/L-4 , protrusion at L5/S-1. ain't much left to fail
    Well I guess I was wrong.

Are you seeing a physiatrist?

Are you on meds for spasticity?

Are you stretching your back at least once daily?

(KLD)

300mg of gabapentin x3 daily
    20mg of baclofan x3 daily.
    ddd t1-6, f/x t8 thru t-11, fusion at t-9/t-10, 1 1/2" bruse on cord, fusion at t-12/1-1, lamy at L-1/L-2, foraminotomy at L-3/L-4 , protrusion at L5/S-1. ain't much left to fail

Your baclofen dose can be increased. There are additional drugs that can be added. Are you working with a physiatrist? Stretching?

KLD

Yes I am working with a physiatrist, that's who administrators the botox. I was a 80mg of baclofan but it caused memory problems. My right leg is now shorter then my left. It's been quite a ride. I'm going to try a myobloc (sp) the next time instead of botox. What drugs whould you suggest I ask about ??
    I do stretch but it ends up aggravating l5/s1 disk.
    Last edited by FIREGUY; 10-30-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Other drugs used for CNS caused spasticity include Zanaflex (tizanadine), Dantrium (dantrolene sodium) and Valium (diazepam). Some also use Klonopin.

(KLD)

in my last post i forgot to add that i also use Klonopin.

i tried Zanaflex instead of baclofan but swithched back.
    i was on Valium for 3 years, i wanted to get off of it.

thanks for your suggestions

Sorry but I can not think of any other drugs. However, one thing that has helped quite a few people is to take the baclofen more frequently but a lower dose. Baclofen has a short half life and this helps to combat that. Usually given over 12 hours. Might be worth a try.
    CKF

Can you check with the Dr to see if botox might work in that muscle group to help with rhe stiffness.

Thanks for the help.

I'll leave a message for Dr. Young.
    CKF