Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gala to honor mothers as "heroes" of rape & incest conceived babies

Quote Originally Posted by fynalefree View Post
    I find this progressively brave on all accounts. It takes courage to not only live through such an ordeal but I also find it brave that this organization has decided to bestow an honor upon these women; very interesting.
    Yes, but with all due respect, I think you're missing the motive here. These people aren't honoring these women out of sincerity, they're trying to advance their radical anti-abortion rhetoric through seemingly benevolent manipulation. The implication is that the woman is sinister herself if she chooses not to keep the baby conceived out of such maniacal behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I love it. "Still yet to be verified miracles," which is another way of saying "I made this shit up, but thanks for the trip to Brazil you suckers!"
    I call bullshit on his trip to heaven as well. If he had gone to heaven, he'd still be there.

All women love their children? Hamsters EAT theirs. Sometimes I suspect that is better than the mothering I've observed.

What a crock. Deluded fools trying to share the joy of brainwashing.

the girl's mother gave her up for adoption. kinda speaks volumes there. this is terribly manipulative. and gross.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I'm horrified by the language used to describe these women and their children. "Silent shame"? "Restore honor and dignity"? In my world view, the shame lies solely on the rapist. Whatever a survivor decides to do in the aftermath is her choice, and I would not presume to judge.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Yes, but with all due respect, I think you're missing the motive here. These people aren't honoring these women out of sincerity, they're trying to advance their radical anti-abortion rhetoric through seemingly benevolent manipulation. The implication is that the woman is sinister herself if she chooses not to keep the baby conceived out of such maniacal behaviors.

You know what? upon further review you may be correct, now I feel sad.

Well, it's about time these women were honored for their courage,
    and it's about time the positive side of rape gets some recognition.

Verify this: