Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gala to honor mothers as "heroes" of rape & incest conceived babies

Gala to honor mothers as "heroes" of rape & incest conceived babies

HOUSTON, Oct. 25, 2011 /Christian Newswire/ -- CHOICES4LIFE, Nov. 20, 2011, hosting society's first national Honor for Life Awards Gala, Humble Civic Center, Humble, Texas.

Eleven women from seven states will be recognized as heroes for saving the life of their rape conceived babies.

These women will be allowed to testify of the love they have for their children though the method of conception was horrific. Society will hear first hand the truth that rape is unwanted but these children are wanted and loved. For too long women have remained in a silent shame that is unwarranted. Now they shyly come out of hiding to have their honor restored. The circumstances are different, from date rape to incest, but all women love their children and have been able to separate their child from the rapist.

The goal of the non profit organization, CHOICES4LIFE, is to restore honor and dignity to women and children of rape conception who have never had a voice or help.

Juda Myers, conceived when eight men raped her mom, wants their shame replaced with honor.

Myers states:
    • "Their voices must be heard to end the last barbaric prejudice in the U.S. Women don't deserve the shame that's been placed on them especially when they want to give birth to a rape conceived baby. My mother is a hero to me, my adoptive parents and all the people who know me. I really want other women to know they are heroes also. "One woman told me, 'Thank you for contacting me. This is the beginning of my healing.' Wow that's what it's all about."
    In addition to inspiring words from the mothers, international speaker, Pastor Gary Wood will be the guest speaker. He died, went to heaven and returned to tell. His miracle is that he can walk and talk as anyone else but X-rays show he has a severed spine and crushed vocal chords. He is truly an unexplainable anomaly.

More information about this national event can be found at the website www.choices4life.org. The organization has a support group to assist women and children of rape conception. Mothers pregnant by rape can find support and know they are not alone.

Juda Myers, speaker, singer/songwriter(CD, God is Faithful), author (Hostile Conception Living With Purpose) hoping to inspire a better life for all.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/3612918089.html

I have no words for how vile and manipulative this is.........If they chose to keep their babies it was an intensely personal decision, and should STAY that way.

Blog Entries
    All I can do is to shake my head...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I find this progressively brave on all accounts. It takes courage to not only live through such an ordeal but I also find it brave that this organization has decided to bestow an honor upon these women; very interesting.

This is EXACTLY the discussion I had with the guy I dated after David left and I was abhorred ... and that is what ended it. Well, besides when I started joking about 'Hey-zeus' the con-man and his 12 friends that were in on it ... yeah, that might have been a bit much for a born-again Christian.

(sorry to anyone offended)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

This is no more than some anti-choice group finding a way to get their message across that women should carry their unborn fetus no matter how it was conceived, including incest. This is not progressive. It is manipulative, REGRESSIVE, and simple exploitation. The following quote from the article pretty much says it all. The pastor died, went to heaven and returned. Really? Please don't make these people into progressives. They are the same people who want to turn the clock back to the days of "pregnant and in the kitchen," "a man can beat his wife as long as the stick is no wider than his thumb" (where the phrase rule of thumb comes from, btw). Women died in back alleys because of these views, because they knew that they were unwilling or able to carry their unborn to term, and in the case of incest there are good biological reasons why it could be a horrible mistake to birth a child conceived that way.

"In addition to inspiring words from the mothers, international speaker, Pastor Gary Wood will be the guest speaker. He died, went to heaven and returned to tell. His miracle is that he can walk and talk as anyone else but X-rays show he has a severed spine and crushed vocal chords. He is truly an unexplainable anomaly.

More information about this national event can be found at the website www.choices4life.org. The organization has a support group to assist women and children of rape conception. Mothers pregnant by rape can find support and know they are not alone. "

I can't imagine any pro choice person "shaming" a woman for raising a child conceived under horrendous circumstances.

A relative sent me Pastor Gary Wood's book after my husband's SCI so I am familiar with him.

From Pastor Gary Wood's web page

The largest Book Publishing Company in South America has now taken my book to promote in their stores. We saw a lady get up out of a wheelchair, deaf ears opened, arthritic hands healed, addicts delivered and many notable miracles that are still yet to be verified of which I am sure that we will be receiving in our office about.
    Forty-five years ago God raised me from the dead when my little sister used the name of Jesus. Jesus healed me and commissioned me to give forth a clear message to the world. I have been faithful to the call. I dreamed of seeing thousands come to Christ and now I've lived it and I'll never be the same again in Jesus name. Thank you friends and partners for sending me to Brazil because your reward is coming. You are a part of every soul that came to know our Lord Jesus. Oh yes, around 3,000 souls did come to know the Lord in the meetings. We might never know how many came by TV and Internet.
    Love & Blessings to all,
    Dr. Gary, Deena &Angel

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    The largest Book Publishing Company in South America has now taken my book to promote in their stores. We saw a lady get up out of a wheelchair, deaf ears opened, arthritic hands healed, addicts delivered and many notable miracles that are still yet to be verified of which I am sure that we will be receiving in our office about.
    Forty-five years ago God raised me from the dead when my little sister used the name of Jesus. Jesus healed me and commissioned me to give forth a clear message to the world. I have been faithful to the call. I dreamed of seeing thousands come to Christ and now I've lived it and I'll never be the same again in Jesus name. Thank you friends and partners for sending me to Brazil because your reward is coming. You are a part of every soul that came to know our Lord Jesus. Oh yes, around 3,000 souls did come to know the Lord in the meetings. We might never know how many came by TV and Internet.
    Love & Blessings to all,
    Dr. Gary, Deena &Angel
    I love it. "Still yet to be verified miracles," which is another way of saying "I made this shit up, but thanks for the trip to Brazil you suckers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I love it. "Still yet to be verified miracles," which is another way of saying "I made this shit up, but thanks for the trip to Brazil you suckers!"
    Yes, very "progressive" and this group eats it all up.