Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ...while I was away...

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Mark - that looks like it has to be a winner. I'm so happy you got such exuberant access to that scenery and im sure others will jump at the chance as well.

All my best wishes for your wife.

Wow. Cool!

I only had the patience to watch the first couple of minutes of the video, but I'm impressed!

If you ever re-soot the video, maybe insert more info and description (dialogue/narration/text) at the beginning, to help engage the viewer (or impatient people like moi) and let them know what they're watching. I'm still not sure how this thing works or how it's different from other cycles out there (yea yea yea, just watch the whole damn video, right? ).

And... Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she gets thru the surgery and recovers asap!

lol thanks chick....my wife is a tough cookie...but I miss her dearly. This thing has taken her away from me and I want her back....

The feedback is definitely appreciated. I am not a proffesional (anything right now), and definitely not a pro-ad man. If I was a pro then I would definitely have had the "BUT WAIT...call in the next 20 minutes....and we will give you the Booster Battery for FREE (just pay a small shipping and handling fee)...."

I figure the only people who are actualy going to buy these things are handcyclists who already know how difficult handcycling is. These people are very informed and educated folks. And the ones who might be serious about this thing are probably motivated to read all the info, watch the youtubes...and they will likely be waiting to hear some feedback from other real users before taking this kind of decision.....

BEST DAY SINCE MY ACCIDENT.....!!!

Ok, this is less about trying to sell this thing and ALL about wanting to show you guys one of the BEST DAYS I've had in a very very long time.

This is me riding with a large group of AB cyclists. It was amazing, and SOOOOOO much fun. I was comfortable at all times, and absolutely destroyed after a great 36 mile ride.

I did get a puncture, but 3 of them stuck with me to fix it.....it was still awesome riding with them. I am gonna do these rides every saturday morning with this group, they meet at the mall at 9am each saturday.

Anyway....I want to share this one....

(and no more videos after this I swear)

btw....this is NOT an approved use of the Power Pod.....

....someones gonna try it, so I'd better cover my ass now....

I am so looking forward to riding with a group again Mark. Cyclists are either egomaniacs or really nice guys. Looks like there were some good lads riding with you.

It cracked me up at around 4:47 as you were going up the hill, there was a young man who was not going to be out climbed. I can see how the powerpod would be an asset for other ab's riding with you. It'd push them harder not to get beat by a three wheeled bike.

I think this has the potential to revoluntionze handcycling much like the ZX-1 has the potential to change the powerchair world. Looking forward to riding fast again.

Hopefully you are going to continue on with this project Mark even though you got a new job? I think it is a great idea.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Hopefully you are going to continue on with this project Mark even though you got a new job? I think it is a great idea.

Yeah, for sure. I was working on the Power Pod long before losing my job......the plan was always to run the Power Pod with Sam....and with the surgery on Sam, I reckon she will be back in business within a few weeks. Thanks Curt

Mark, Congrats! This is a great idea! I guess it could work on a recumbent regular bicycle also? Cheryl

Okay....this is what I did today. Went on a proper training ride with some serious cyclists....just a small group, and it was a blast.
    I'm not sure these guys knew what to make of me at first... 31 miles at 19.5mph.

I'm gonna join these guys every saturday now....and brrrr it was 38'f.....