Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ...while I was away...

Hi Mark

i remember you because i was impressed by your technical skills
    i have spent my whole working life in construction sites and workshops so i can appreciate your work.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    .......i noticed the thread i started in Equipment got deleted, and I guess I understand.
    Looks like it was moved to Equipment and services (not by me) I'll look into it. I think the reason it was moved was because it is something for sale. Heres the link where it's at in Equipment and Services. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=167895
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 10-26-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Looks like it was moved to Equipment and services (not by me) I'll look into it. I think the reason it was moved was because it is something for sale and not just a review. Heres the link where it's at in Equipment and Services. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=167895
    Well yes....I see it has been buried in Exchanges/Equipment and Services....never to be seen again

Just to be clear.....this is not for sale yet. I have a product that I am trying to work out wether it will sell or not. It has a price, because I want to see what peoples' reaction to that price is. I know there are rules, but enthusiastically applying them against commercial interests, before I have even got this thing off the ground, is not gonna help. But....I understand that rules is rules too.

Mark, I have a lot of respect for what you are doing!!! Don't take this personally. I have a opened a discussion with other mods and will let you know what is going on with this. I think theres gotta be a way to work around this, even if somebody else posted something like "hey look at this video of this cool motor for handcycles".
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Mark, I have a lot of respect for what you are doing!!! Don't take this personally. I have a opened a discussion with other mods and will let you know what is going on with this. I think theres gotta be a way to work around this, even if somebody else posted something like "hey look at this video of this cool motor for handcycles".
    Well thanks Curt....not taking it personally, I definitely understand rules.

Well, I'm off for another 30 mile ride on a beautiful Fall day......I would really like other people just to try this thing and then take things from there.

I sincerely hope the conversation includes why some people post about their products with zero repercussion, and other can't, as well as who is actually responsible for mod'ing the Equipment form, so they can be left to it. I can link to a half dozen recent posts advertising products by people with a commercial interest in them. A 'review' by someone making money off the sale of the product in question is still a commercial and undermines the usefulness of the info posted, IMO. The rules are sound, but appear to be subjectively enforced, and this time not even by the subsections moderator. Mod'ing is a tough and thankless job, but crucial for a sense of community and consistency. Thanks for listening to my feedback, since what happened here is an open discussion right now between the Mods, I felt it germane.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

uh oh....not trying to cause problems here guys. Just want to grow this idea. tx mark

uh oh....not trying to cause problems here guys. Just want to grow this idea. tx mark
    I'm sorry, also, if providing feedback re: mod'ing is construed as causing problems. I love what you've built, Mark, and look forward to more info. Btw, what was the price point you were considering? PM is fine. Cheers!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Well, I haven't been here much of late. I got let go by my employer at the end of August and have been a bit lost as a result. Also, my wife got diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis (not a fun disease that has played havoc on her life...and our life too).
    Oh bugger!

It never rains etc....

...... all the very best with your new venture Mark from what I've learned about you from your postings I know you have the tenacity to make it work.

Thanks Timaru...'preciate that

So....I have a question.

Since my beloved CCC is not as supportive of unemployed handicapped men with an idea as I had hoped (2 views since yesterday in the "sExchange" forum)....can anyone suggest some other sites where I could get eyeballs on this invention and some constructive feedback?

What are other good handicrap sites???