Thread: Clinical Trial for children at Shriners

Clinical Trial for children at Shriners

Dr Young or anyone else have more information on this? I dont see anything listed on www.clinicaltrial.gov yet.

FTI...I inquired about that trial recently for my son. He was turned down because he is now 16 and that trial max is age 15. All others begin at 18 years of age. Go figure???

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Dr Young or anyone else have more information on this? I dont see anything listed on www.clinicaltrial.gov yet.
    Sharon, there will be no listing of our trial at Shriner's until we have received approval of the trial. This will not be until 2012. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    FTI...I inquired about that trial recently for my son. He was turned down because he is now 16 and that trial max is age 15. All others begin at 18 years of age. Go figure???

Thank you!
    Sharon-That absolutely stinks! What a strange age to limit it anyhow.

Thanks Wise!

FTI and Linda, maybe we are better off waiting for the Shriners trial...I dont know. Just want to know as much as I can about all of our options. Was disappointed that this other trial had a cut off at 15 and I was told no. Others begin at age 18. What about children between those ages, doesnt make sense to me.

If a child participates in one trial would that make them ineligible for another trial at a later date?

I would like to look into this one sponsored by Memorial Hermann for my daughter but if it would make her ineligible for a different trial down the road (ie Shriners) than maybe I will wait?

(Agree that the ages involved in the Memorial Hermann trial are odd.....)

Yes, I believe that is correct. If you participate in one of these trials then you are not qualified for the others.

Like you, Im doing my homework, gathering as much info as possible to make the best decision. Its nice to have someone to work with and chat about these opportunities for our children.

Hope Erin is doing well.