Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8mths post and starting to get feeling back.

8mths post and starting to get feeling back.

I was shot in the back feb 21st, And clasified as a t10 complete asiaA. I did not have any surgery becase it was a in and out wound and did not hit my spine! Well the past few weeks ALot has been happening 2 months ago I noticed driving my car with the a/c on hitting my feet I COULD FEEL the cold breze hitting my feet! Not the past few week i have had a tingleing feeling in my left thigh I could feel my self sitting in a chair. Also while driving i could not get comfortable in the seat and it turns on that my Hip and butt muscles are starting to work. laying on my side i can thrust my hips and my right butt muscle is stronger and bigger then the left causing the discomford sitting in the cars seat. Also with this my back muscles are working all the way down to the top of my butt as well. But Now on both of my thighs I can now feel hot temp it started with my dog sitting in my lap I could feel his body heat plain as day! ALso now that its getting colder at night witha blacket over me i can feel my legs getting warm and has been getting stronger and stronger as the week as gone by today I was able to feel the heat of a hamburger on a napkin on my right thigh.

That's awesome! Are you doing rehab? You need to be working out every day to maximize return. Good luck!
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

feeling heat and cold is a good indication you are recovering something.
    good luck.

I began to develop neuro pain about eight months post, but feeling took much longer. I can feel almost everything now, except across my pubic bone my heels, and my tushy.

Wow, that's great to hear! I hope you continue to get returns! I agree with rdf. If you're not working with a therapist or trainer, get one. The sooner you can start working muscles that are waking up, the better.

I can feel some deep pressure way below my leval of injury in my thighs, And is much stronger in my pubic area. I can also feel some what its hard to describe when i run my hands over my thighs. its amazing me as i type this how strong the feeling of heat in my thighs are. my question is whats next? I have been doing some therapy at home. I was doing therapy but since it says complete asia A they treated me like a lost casue which really got under my skin. And all they would do is try to do wheel chair tranfer drills which i can do just fine.

Do you have medical insurance? I believe a doctor's prescription is all you'd need. Ideally, a place like Project Walk would be perfect. I think Project Walk is in Arizona, maybe a few other states. They have a presence here at CC, but I'm not sure what their username is. Maybe someone can chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    I can feel some deep pressure way below my leval of injury in my thighs, And is much stronger in my pubic area. I can also feel some what its hard to describe when i run my hands over my thighs. its amazing me as i type this how strong the feeling of heat in my thighs are. my question is whats next? I have been doing some therapy at home. I was doing therapy but since it says complete asia A they treated me like a lost casue which really got under my skin. And all they would do is try to do wheel chair tranfer drills which i can do just fine.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

im hoping the feelling of heat isnt the birth of neurolic burning.

I have medicade. I was driving to the shapard center daily which gets very old quick if you have ever been in atlanta traffic. Please dont think im bad mouthing the shepard center becase its a great place. But there are somethings i know are wrong in my medical records that are wrong. As long as the words ''complete" "Asia A" and complete transection are on there Im doomed to to doing wheelchair transfers in therapy. the transection part i know for a fact is bs i know what i have is a bruses that is visable on my MRI

Second opinion on the classification.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
    Second opinion on the classification.
    I Concur, but where to go in the south east?