Thread: Really don't know what to do

Really don't know what to do

I have lived on my own for 3 years and I enjoy it. I live in town and although there is absolutely nothing to do in this town, it is nice for the convenience. I wouldn't think about moving back in with my parents.

I started driving 2 years ago and that is one of the greatest things that has happened.

I go to colllege online. Sometimes I like it, oher times I hate it. Often times I wonder why I'm doing it because I don't plan on getting a job when I get a degree.

I also teach 3-6 year old Sunday School class. I used to love teaching this class, but it's gotten to be unenjoyable.

I'm just generally unhappy with where my life is right now and I don't know what to do about it. My college classes and SS class take up a great deal of my time. Which means if I wasn't going to college or doing SS, then I would have a lot of free time. I wouldn't know what I would do with that free time.

I'm also not really happy at my church anymore. That is a major thing lately. This church had so much going when I first started going. There were several classes and different ministries to get involved in. It's not like that anymore. I miss that. I sometimes wish I could start over again at a new church where I could meet new people and find things to be involved in. I just wish I could go somewhere where I could trust some people and feel like I fit in. That's my problem, I don't trust people and I don't feel like I fit in anywhere.
    Last edited by faith9778; 10-27-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Have you considered volunteering?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you like the social aspect of church as much as or more than the religious. Rather than taking on-line courses, you might find yourself more invested in a community college. I started working toward an AA degree less than a year after I was injured, and really liked interacting with the students and professors, and in my second semester was asked to join the peer tutoring group. I found that I liked teaching, and I'm now in my 17th year of attending college - working on a second masters degree.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

wow donno.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Have you considered volunteering?
    I don't know of any volunteering in my town, except for the admittions at the hospital and at the help center. The thing is I don't have time to do volunteer work with my classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Sounds like you like the social aspect of church as much as or more than the religious. Rather than taking on-line courses, you might find yourself more invested in a community college. I started working toward an AA degree less than a year after I was injured, and really liked interacting with the students and professors, and in my second semester was asked to join the peer tutoring group. I found that I liked teaching, and I'm now in my 17th year of attending college - working on a second masters degree.
    I had considered going to the local college, but I didn't want to have a set time to be somewhere every single day. I also didn't want to have to deal with health issues while in the classroom. I also like being able to do my work at my own pace to some degree.
    Last edited by faith9778; 10-27-2011 at 03:51 PM.

I feel you need a break from routine and monotonous work. Also being at home makes us irritable. we need to go out. As you said,join another church where are more activities.Trust is not factor for everything and not needed to take it into account where you are just involved. and why dont you fit in ? noone is perfect. Trust me,none is perfect. everyone has its own fears and insecurities. Dont think too much. Just join church.Meeting new people would surely make you feel good. but dont be at home more time.

Kids makes us really feel good..specially i become freshh after meeting kids and old ppl. Add fun activities in sunday class. something new. dont be lazy. i bet it will change the atmosphere and kids would love it.

why dont you visit your parents for a change ??

Not A Job

Faith, why not take a job in your major field or any other profession you would want to pursue?

You are getting an education and you don't want to use it?

Most of us get in emotional ruts and make big changes or minor alterations to get back onto life's highway.

My recommendation is that you take an honest inventory of where you are emotionally, financially and physically and determine if there are things or situations you want to change.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quote Originally Posted by Shwetarose View Post
    I feel you need a break from routine and monotonous work. Also being at home makes us irritable. we need to go out. As you said,join another church where are more activities.Trust is not factor for everything and not needed to take it into account where you are just involved. and why dont you fit in ? noone is perfect. Trust me,none is perfect. everyone has its own fears and insecurities. Dont think too much. Just join church.Meeting new people would surely make you feel good. but dont be at home more time.

Kids makes us really feel good..specially i become freshh after meeting kids and old ppl. Add fun activities in sunday class. something new. dont be lazy. i bet it will change the atmosphere and kids would love it.

why dont you visit your parents for a change ??
    I guess getting out more would be a good thing, but I've just always been more of a home body and a loner. I do stay pretty active though. I already have plans this coming weeking on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon through Sunday. The following week I have something planned on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. My parents come to visit me once a week and I try to visit them once a month. I definitely need to change things up in my Sunday school class.

Becoming involved in another church won't really help anything because the church I go to now is the most involved one in my area. I do however go to a women's meeting at another church every other Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    Faith, why not take a job in your major field or any other profession you would want to pursue?

You are getting an education and you don't want to use it?

Most of us get in emotional ruts and make big changes or minor alterations to get back onto life's highway.

My recommendation is that you take an honest inventory of where you are emotionally, financially and physically and determine if there are things or situations you want to change.
    My major is Christian education and the closest Christian school is an hour away so I can't get a job in that field right now. I'm pretty much going to college because I have been given the opportunity to go for free. I know I definitely need to take inventory of some things going on in my life. But I do feel better about where I am and what I"m doing than when I posted this a week ago.

You should move... changing environments could really help.