Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had a guy guess right how I got SCI today at a chinese buffet

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    I had a friend who got his SCI from a chicken coop collapse. What are the odds? How long are you in the chicken coop on any one day?
    How bizzare. And how often do they collapse?

If someone walked up to me and said "hey... were you making out with a boy..."

and guessed exactly how I got hurt, I'd be super weirded out.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I was paralyzed at 11 years old from Transverse Myelitis. I ended up regaining enough to be able to walk with a cane. Learned to ride mini bikes when I was a kid and full sized dirt bikes when I grew up.

Motorcycles distanced me from disability, while for so many others, they were the introduction to disability.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Riding a motorcycle was never an "If" it is a "When" and a "How Bad.

I usually ask guys around the T4 to t6 level if it was a bike SCI. I think it's cause we kind of hunch our backs on a bike or lean forward. I knew one biker dude who lost control and hit his legs on a stop sign. the pole cut them off right there. He remembers sitting up in the street with his legs 30 feet away. he was like 17 at the time. Another got a dirt bike for his 15th b'day from his parents. they watched him ride away to a hill that paralysed him an hour later.

I remember flying thru the air after leaving the bike and hearing a female voice telling me it was going to be okay. To this day I think she startled me so much I lost perspective of where the ground was. There's a three camera shot of it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    If someone walked up to me and said "hey... were you making out with a boy..."

and guessed exactly how I got hurt, I'd be super weirded out.
    Well that comment really begs the question, How exactly were you injured? You don't have to answer but it really does beg the question...

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Well that comment really begs the question, How exactly were you injured? You don't have to answer but it really does beg the question...
    Ya, that's what I was thinking too? Twisted her neck the wrong way or something?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

motocross wreck here.
    i rode since i was 3. quads, dirtbikes, crotch rockets.
    at 16 i went straight to Pro-am and was always a top 5 racer. it all ended at the first race of this season because of a new racer that didnt hold his line going over a jump.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

I wonder if it makes it harder knowing it was somebody elses fault? I've struggled with that for years.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    I always tell my able-bodied friends that when you have #1 in the oven, it is time to sell your bike.
    My first was born in August and I sold my bike the next spring, which was 1977. In 2002 I decided my kids were adults and no longer depended on me. Today I wish I had not quit riding in '77. I loved to ride then and would ride today if I thought I could pull it off.

You should see there faces when i tell them i broke my neck 2 separate times 2 yrs apart ........... 1st was a c1 break i walked away from and a c4 that resulted in paralysis !!!!!!!!!!!!!