Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had a guy guess right how I got SCI today at a chinese buffet

Had a guy guess right how I got SCI today at a chinese buffet

Heres a new one, I was eating dinner tonight at a great chinese buffet down the road from me here in Fla and this guy came up to me and said "Did you buy it on a motorcycle?" I said yes how did you know? He said I had that wild motorcycle guy look about me. It's wierd cause motorcycles and racing were a big part of my life, but that was over 30 years ago back in the 70's. He said he knew a lot of guys who were SCI from motocross including David Bailey. He claimed he was the wheelie king and use to do the opener before a lot of races with stunt riding, I forgot his name already, was going to look up some youtube videos when i got home. Anyhow, never had this happen before, somebody guess how I got SCI'd. Anybody else ever have this?
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 10-20-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Most people guess car accident!!! That is wrong!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

no.
    if I tell them I got hit by a car while on a bike they often assume a motor bike.

If someone came up to Dave and said "Say, did you happen to fall from an apple tree" it would be pretty funny.
    You must just have that born to be wild look about you Curt.

Were you wearing your hell's angel patch?

No one has ever guessed I was injured in a tornado. I guess I just don't look like the tornado type!

there is a member here who got struck by lightning. the thing is I was at yosemite at the same time, and I remember our group all prayed for a kid who was struck, before packing up and going home. I wondered if he was the same kid from back then.

Quote Originally Posted by truly View Post
    No one has ever guessed I was injured in a tornado. I guess I just don't look like the tornado type!
    And people look at me like I'm being nasty or weird when I say (the truth) a building fell on me.

All I know is I gotta find more crips around here in Venice to play w/c sports against mainly tennis, even if I gotta travel some that's ok. I know a lot of people up north who play sports, not many around here in Fla. I'm just having some wierd things happen lately though. I had a faith healer come up to me when I was getting into my car a few weeks ago, that was really strange. He said this big long prayer for me and said he'd be reading about me in the newspaper that I was walking again in a couple of weeks, it did'nt happen, lol. After over 30 years of this, pretty unlikely some dude praying for me while I'm getting in my car is gonna cure me, haha.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

motorcycle is so common. when i was in rehab at RLA in SO CA, many were there by motorcycle, many by gunshots (gangs). a nurse took my motorcycle friend down hallway saying motorcycle, motorcycle for each one applicable.