Thread: Advances in Using Stem Cells as a Treatment for MS

Advances in Using Stem Cells as a Treatment for MS

Wednesday, October 19, 2011
    Advances in Using Stem Cells as a Treatment for MS
    Julie Stachowiak, PhD
    Writer, ms.about.com

It is true that the term "stem cells" immediately has people thinking about those stem cells that are derived from fetuses or embryos – the topic of much discussion and controversy. However, much exciting work is being done on stem cells that can be taken from adults – either donors or the transplant recipient themselves.

Three presentations at ECTRIMS 2011 looked at current research on stem cells and the potential to be used as therapy for MS.

read...

http://blog.nationalmssociety.org/20...-cells-as.html

I know a lady who is cured of marie char tooth syndrome, after undergoing a stem cell experiment.

when I saw here last she could not lift her arms, or walk, and was pretty much skin and bones after years of progression. I knew her all those years and she was really in poor health and drs were telling her she was going to die soon.

I saw her in august. she is the picture of health. she would not tell me what changed things, however her sister confided that it was a stem cell experiment that brought her back, but she had to agree not to tell anyone. this was done in New Jersey somewhere.

I really do believe she has been cured. though she wont breath a word of how she was cured.

Nice Jody.

We want such informations as we could be cured also.

May be she can tell u later about her stem cell treatment from where she got.

well at the moment her lips are sealed. I saw her just befor I moved almost two years ago, and again this past august. I couldnt believe it was her. I have never seen her looking healthy.

her condition affects the myelin and nerves, so that gives me an inkling that it may be possible. I wish I did have some details, but I dont blame her for not saying.
    I let it go for now, but you can bet, I will keep tabs on her.

Really Jody? It looks unbelievable.

I guess we SCI patients can also be cured where she got treatment.

Is this for real Jody? Could she be part of a clinical trial? Does her disease ever go into remission?

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I know a lady who is cured of marie char tooth syndrome, after undergoing a stem cell experiment.

when I saw here last she could not lift her arms, or walk, and was pretty much skin and bones after years of progression. I knew her all those years and she was really in poor health and drs were telling her she was going to die soon.

I saw her in august. she is the picture of health. she would not tell me what changed things, however her sister confided that it was a stem cell experiment that brought her back, but she had to agree not to tell anyone. this was done in New Jersey somewhere.

I really do believe she has been cured. though she wont breath a word of how she was cured.
    Anybody who would agree not to talk and any researcher that would ask that are practicing the ultimate level of selfishness. Sorry that it is opinion.